Question on FIBUA / DIBUA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on FIBUA / DIBUA

where is the exercise to be carried out...if it is fort davis let me know previous expierince tells that it is an excellent exercise all info will help
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Aw come on Murph I was tellin u and goldie last september that i was doin a Fibua Ex in Ft Davis and u said nothing!!!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Ive a FIBUA exercise in Fort Davis during the summer too. Ive never been their so I dont know what to expect. I know the thing about knee pads and safety glasses along with safety gloves. So any tips???
      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

thanks lads !!

any more tips a young bogger like myself might need to survive while fighting for my life in the wilds of cork!!

The knee pads sound like a great idea, any particular type or recommended place of purchase?

Anyway keep all that useful info comming

Comment

Don'i bother with all that shite.....Smocka nd belt kit and loads of water....the less constrictions in movement the better.All the FIBUA drills are carried out at a very fast pace....safety googles !!!!!!!! knee pads!!!!!! elbow pads!!!!!! what the **** do you think it is ......a skateboarding exercise......
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Brother did it, says it is all go no time for rest or **** all, forget about kneepads and all that shit as hptmurphy says, if you fall you fall, your a soldier not a kid learning to rollerblade

Comment

Yeah thats right dont wear knee pads I know a guy who whacked his knee off a door frame while attacking and split his ligaments, couldn't walk for 3 months, you're own personal safety and comfort comes before "being a Soldier"
              look at the news you'll see all the US Marines, Royal marines etc, wearing Knee and Elbow Pads.

To Answer your Question. I found my little brothers Pro Skateboard ones Quite good.

:D

Comment

you're (sic) own personal safety and comfort comes before "being a Soldier"

No it doesn't.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim
                  you're (sic) own personal safety and comfort comes before "being a Soldier"

No it doesn't.
                  Quite right, useless bravado on exercise are a must for the modern soldier.

Comment

Too right, enough of this real men do it in 38 pattern webbing and a chain mail thong crap.
                    It's an exercise, risking life and limb is generally more productively employed on the battlefield
                    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

We are supposed to act as if we were professional full time soldiers when we are on duty and training so I think wrapping yourself up like a muppet could be too much. In saying that, US and UK forces have kneepads. I think kneepads might be ok, as long as you don't rip the arse out of it and end up looking like Tony Hawk.

Comment

I'm all for persnnal safety but sometime such accidents are caused by overenthusiasm....think before you run into door frames.

Comment

Yeah well An Injured soldier is on an exercise is a pain in the Balls when its Simulated but when someone's actually hurt!! it messes things up completely, I know we should carry out casevac drills etc normally but nobody does. most of the time they just pause the exercise till the injured party is evacuated. Knee pads are handy as are Elbow Pads. But then again I have footballers knees so i'm careful with them. Im meant what is said about cool clothes and the Platypus you are going to roast alive no matter where you do it!!

Comment

FIBUA sounds like it would be pretty good, wouldn't mind doing it sometime. Is it always done in Fort Davis? In Ireland, thats about as far away from Donegal as you can get!

Comment

ICUN just try Limerick any saturday night for the same effect:D
                              You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Working...
                              X