Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmets

What is a good helmet to buy? Is the British Mk6 kevlar one acceptable? How alike the issue one is it? And where can you get them?

You can get them at www.cushtacsurplus.com but it isn't like the Irish Army issue one at all. The irish one is the same as the Israeli army helmet.

Comment

You can buy Izzies from Israeli sites, but they tend to be expensive. I don't sell them.

You might be better off waiting for a while, it looks like the DF will be replacing the Izzie with a Dutch kevlar helmet similar to the U.S. Fritz.
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Really? The Fritz style helmet is a good one. Looks cool and has a good shape.
        That's something to look forward to!

Comment

That has supposedly been in the pipeline for the last few years.Interestingly its supposed to be only Corps Units who are being issued with them.The Israeli helmet is an "Infantry tactical" helmet.Artillery were to be among the first to be kitted out with these "Fritz" helmets in order to allow the wearing of hearing protection on the gun line.But with the introduction of the Mowag into service the crews & troops deployed in them have been wearing them!!
          In other words don't hold your breath.
          Live long and prosper!

Comment

Actually Erwin my acquaintances have told me the opposite more or less, apparently the K-1 style helmets were selected for their compatibility with the commanders headsets in the PIII, as a result of the Comm gear being a little bit squished in the Izzy.
            I tried to get a Fritz while I was in the states but wouldn't you know it my travels never took me within less than 60 miles of a decent army surplus shop.
            FM how much were they charging?
            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Surplus U.S. Fritz helmets go for about Stg£50 in the U.K.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

CQ you are correct in pointing out the above in relation to the Fritz/Dutch helmet - in that they were selected for Mowag crews/sections.They are also on issue to arw personnel!!But my point was that when it was first muted to select these helmets 5/6 years ago it would have been Corps Units who would have received them,in fact the only Corps would have been the Arty!!That all changed with the arrival of the Mowag as i pointed out.Initially the Inf weren't being issued with these helmets cos the current ones on issue are an Inf helmet,but with the idea that more Bn's become mechanised with the Mowag these helmets more than likely will be issued to these Units & the Arty as well!!
                Live long and prosper!

Comment

New Norwegian army helmet from US company Ops Core.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                    New Norwegian army helmet from US company Ops Core.

The US JSOC have that also.

Comment

Any pics of it at work?
                      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                      He put a bullet through his brain.
                      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                        Any pics of it at work?

Originally posted by kermit
                        I can't see those batteries lasting long.
                        They act as a counterweight for the Mono, although they don't look to secure in that pic.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post

They act as a counterweight for the Mono, although they don't look to secure in that pic.
                          Whats that cable passing in front of his ear for?

Comment

Originally posted by Vamp369 View Post
                            Whats that cable passing in front of his ear for?
                            Its a bungee cord with a hook on there ends to clip onto the Mono or other NVG to put tension on it to help stop it shaking when looking through it on the move, it also acts as a lanyard.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X