PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Photos of Irish Piranhas

Gordon
10th May 2005, 02:19
Hi! I'm currently preparing a book for Concord Publications on the LAV/Piranha series of vehicles in international service. While I have a number of photos from other countries, I don't have many of Irish vehicles. I'm posting this message in the hope that someone has high resolution photos available that they'd be willing to have published. If you need more information about my project, or if you have any photos available, I can be contacted at my listed e-mail address.
Hoping to hear from you!
Gordon Arthur

Goldie fish
10th May 2005, 02:58
The Mowag homepage has photos of all variants currently in Irish service.(APC,Command,Armoured Ambulance,armoured workshop)

Gordon
10th May 2005, 07:29
Thanks for youe reply!
Unfortunately the Mowag site photos are of a very low file size & thus of lowresolution. I'm looking for something with much better resolution.
Cheers,
Gordon

Goldie fish
10th May 2005, 08:54
How high rez exactly?

Gordon
10th May 2005, 09:24
About 1MB in JPEG format is perfect, give or take, though the higher the better!
Cheers,
Gordon

Gordon
16th January 2006, 13:35
I'm finishing off a Concord book on the LAV/Piranha series of vehicles. Unfortunately it only has a very small section on Irish vehicles :( so far as I've had difficulty getting hold of decent quality photos. If anyone can help me with pictures suitable for publication, please contact me by e-mail at gordonarthur@netvigator.com

Also a couple of questions:
1. Is the Thales turret fitted with a 7.62mm coaxial? What version?
2. Where have Piranhas been serving operationally? I know 6 vehicles went to Eritrea (dates?). Also to Kosovo?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gordon Arthur

mutter nutter
16th January 2006, 14:01
2. Where have Piranhas been serving operationally? I know 6 vehicles went to Eritrea (dates?). Also to Kosovo?
they are also used in Liberia, I'll put up some photos if you want

Gordon
17th January 2006, 04:58
If you could, that would be great! Just let me know where you put them, as I'm still figuring out how to navigate my way round!
Cheers,
Gordon

Victor
27th January 2006, 15:54
Also to Kosovo?I'm not sure if any went to Kosovo.

I imagine the best way to get photos is through these guys. http://www.military.ie/pr/press_office.htm

DeV
27th January 2006, 18:03
MOWAGs have served in Eritrea, Kosovo and Liberia.

Gordon
29th January 2006, 09:06
. . . for your help!

Gunner
29th January 2006, 22:40
here are 2 early shots of the mowag when the came in at 1st

ODIN
30th January 2006, 12:29
Class pictures