Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowing,and tangents..

Originally posted by Pod
    thank you GF for enlightening me. My ignorance of the current NSR set up is shameful,but my last experience of ASM was trying to row a f******g whaler in the pissing rain whilst being told that this was a vital skill that would help defend mother Ireland in the event of the russians arriving with bad intentions.
    As out dated as it seems rowing in the old whalers was a great way to develope team work etc , and then to compete against all the other whalers on anual camp and to be picked for your Cpny boat was an honour .
    Physicaly very hard and having all oars in the water at the same time and following the "stroke " was pretty much like staying in step when doing foot drill .
    If would sort ot the boys from the men and if you could hack it you could maybe move on to other more chalenging things .
    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Oars!!!

Ah yes...and the sting on the hands when you mis timed your stroke and struck anothers oar...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Ship your oars , boat your oars etc and pull like crazy, well at least it was one area that the Sluggies could out do the regular Navy and it was a man for man boat on boat situation .

Comment

yet again

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish

yet again
          I think Murph and Goldie are having a happy hour , or two.

Comment

what the hell are ye smokin'??

Comment

ah rowing great fun not in the NSR but decided to do it as a hobby and joined a club, god i was crazy when i was young, great exercise in teamwork though that is true, no wonder we never won any races
              What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
              Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

What did I say? nothing to do with me...! I hated rowing in the SM...preferred sailing...the few time they left me into the boat. Rowed the motor whaler that used to be in the base on my seamaship course....big bitch of a thing.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                X