Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesson Plans

Hello Lads and Ladies,

I'm looking for a template to make out lesson plans that will work in MS Word. If anyone has any links please post them or if you have a template please PM me

Odin
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

They change every year.

I would suggest common up with a format that covers all the basic areas.

Subject
    Lesson
    Aim

Serial No
    Time Required
    Class Arrangement
    Safety Precautions
    Revision

Ending with ...

Revision
    Summary
    Safety Precautions
    Look Forward

Etc ... Etc

Comment

Don't forget the smoke break.

Also make provisions for the stupid question session.
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Stupid question session is most important, you just know theres gonna be some lad half asleep but hears something interesting and wants to know about what you've been explaining for the last 20 mins
        What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
        Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Whats a lesson plan?
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
            Whats a lesson plan?
            Something used by someone who can't think on their feet, or gets nervous in front of an audience and forgets how to not wet themselves. Also used by NCOs and officers to remind them to tell the recruits that loading a magazine, cocking the rifle, putting the muzzle in your mouth and pulling the trigger is a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
              Something used by someone who can't think on their feet, or gets nervous in front of an audience and forgets how to not wet themselves. Also used by NCOs and officers to remind them to tell the recruits that loading a magazine, cocking the rifle, putting the muzzle in your mouth and pulling the trigger is a bad thing.
              No its not ... it is an aid to the instructor for use in teaching a lesson ... it is a vital element of the preparation of any good lesson

Proper Prior Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance

Comment

Something used by someone who can't think on their feet, or gets nervous in front of an audience and forgets how to not wet themselves....
                You try and tell an instructor on a Bde Pot NCO Cse that, and see where it gets you...
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

What rank are you again Barry?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

My thoughts on the lesson plan is that it's stop people drifting off into heresy. I've my fellow NCO's heads recked by pointing out mistakes . But my opinion is if your going to teach a lesson you might as well do it by the book that everyone in the hole DF is doing the same thing and not just your company.

Comment

Something used by someone who can't think on their feet, or gets nervous in front of an audience and forgets how to not wet themselves.
                      Only an idiot stands up to give a class without having thought it through and written down his thoughts first.

Thinking on your feet is -strictly verboten- when it comes to imparting standardised knowledge. Again, only an idiot...
                      Take these men and women for your example.
                      Like them, remember that posterity can only
                      be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                      possession of those who have the
                      courage to defend it.
                      Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                      If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Can any PDF NCO cofirm or deny that the DF is not putting ALL lesson plans on disk for recruit training to standardise practices?
                        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

I don't know about on disc,but all the new manuals are being written in lesson plan format.(more so than the older ones). That doesn't really answer your question though..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

You idiot. Engage brain before mouth in future, ok?

As Jag, Goldie, Truckie and Dev will agree, its pointless trying to get a lesson done without a lesson plan.

As Goldie said..."what rank are you?"

I hope that you unit make a mental note if they see this. Ya shmuck. Learn from this experience(ya shmuck)....

Comment

*sigh*

It's obvious that my semi-awake attempt at taking the piss didn't come across as well as it did in my sleep deprived brain. I hereby withdraw my previous post. I do in fact know the value of lesson plans in not missing anything, and have researched them in the past myself, despite being "only" a Recruit/Gunner 2* (I'm genuinely not sure which at this point)

Now can we please stop referring to me as a penis?
                              Last edited by Barry; 29 June 2005, 08:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X