Tall Ships, Waterford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tall Ships, Waterford

Nice webcam showing the quayside. More to follow.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
      I get the feeling the guy running that site is NSR. He needs a better camera though.

2nd webcam here:

Comment

The NSR photos he has should give that away,I think....

I see the USCG Barque Eagle has arrived.

Comment

Someone should tell him how to post photos thumbnail style.
          As for the content of the photos in the NSR section they are not very intresting .
          One photo seems to be a competition to see how many people can fit in a Searider .
          I wonder where they on taxpayers time at the time .
          Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

I don't know if they were on paid training at the time, but regardless - time spent in seariders is well spent in comparison to anything the AR currently do. I also cannot make out any more than 6 people in any shot which is also fine.
            No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
            No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

I cant wait till htpmurphy sees that post .

Comment

time spent in seariders is well spent in comparison to anything the AR currently do.

Dream on.
                sigpic
                Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                My favourite moment was when the
                Originally posted by hedgehog
                red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Heavy weather boarding ops in the river .

Comment

Don't you AR boys have a ditch to hide in?

Comment

Hey,none of the derogatory remarks have been made by "AR" people!

Comment

Nothing like a bit of rivalry is there.

None of the AR boys made derogatory remarks because they can see that they're on a losing argument against the difference in activities between NSR and AR.

I'm not slgging the AR, I'm just saying that as far as training and requirements go, the NSR generally are more active. I believe this is because we are fully INTEGRATED and the NAval Service has a very realistic need for well trained useful personnel while the army does not have a very real need for the FCA. Perhaps after this almost mythical Re-Org...

Comment

Comment

Waterford bids a final farewell to the Tall Ships

By Neans McSweeney
                            IT was as if the elements were conspiring, wishing that the Tall Ships would never leave Waterford.

The official start off Hook Head had to be abandoned as winds failed. And it wasn't until yesterday afternoon that the race officially began, 66 miles of the south-east coast of Waterford.

The parade of sail was spectacular, as the vessels, which left Waterford's quays from 7am on Saturday, filed in perfect formation down from the city, via Dunmore and out to Hook Head where they were later forced to drop anchor and stay the night.

It was particularly moving to see the three Irish sail-training vessels lead the parade. The Asgard led, followed by the Dunbrody and the Jeanie Johnston. All three had their sails up, as had many others among the 70-plus fleet.

Tens of thousands watched from the Dunmore East coastline and a mile-long queue of cars could be seen on the Hook side.

There was major gridlock and local bus services into Dunmore were cancelled for a time in the hope the congestion would end.

On the sea, it was a particularly moving start to the three-day journey to Cherbourg for one local young man. Patrick Bance passed his parent's home at Woodstown as they headed out to sea. It was closely followed by the Dewaruci, the Indonesian ship which was adopted by the people of Waterford.

Even though there was little wind, it was not surprising that she didn't have her sails up. Her 200-plus crew had spent so much time partying since they arrived in Waterford, it was hard to imagine how anyone could have had the strength to hoist them up.

Following close behind was another ship with a very important and incredibly proud Waterford man on board. Captain Liam Keating was at the wheel as he brought the Prince William out to sea.

There had been tears and heart-breaking goodbyes on Waterford's quays from day-break on Saturday as the 3,088 Tall Ships crew members walked across the gangways for the final time.

There had been plenty of romances and many more great friendships formed over the four-day festival which gardaĆ­ say drew in 480,000 people. The ship's fog horns sounded and the crews waved goodbye a fitting farewell to those who had worked tirelessly for six years to bring the event to Waterford.

Comment

Originally posted by Laners
                              Someone should tell him how to post photos thumbnail style.
                              As for the content of the photos in the NSR section they are not very intresting .
                              One photo seems to be a competition to see how many people can fit in a Searider .
                              I wonder where they on taxpayers time at the time .
                              I have to take exception to that. You sound like the d***heads who think every public service worker should be at their beck and call just because they pay tax.
                              There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today Chatfield
                              Admiral of the Fleet David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty GCB OM GCVO

Comment

Working...
                              X