Multi Tool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Tool.

Does anybody have a multi tool. I was thinking of getting one but I dont know which one I should go for either Leathermans or Gerber.

Iv a Leatherman, no complaints, had it for 8+ years.

Comment

Gerber in my pocket, but I've never really heard any complaints about either.

NTM
      Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Have both, Leatherman seems to be a nicer finished tool, the Gerber seems tougher. I'm happy with either of them

If you want to get one at a good price, I recommend ebay thorougly - half the price you'd pay in a shop here or better.

Comment

Have a Leatherman,didnt think id get much use out of it but it can come in very handy.No complaints at all.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket

If you want to get one at a good price, I recommend ebay thorougly - half the price you'd pay in a shop here or better.
            LOL, that will annoy FMolloy, the IMO store sell's Gerber multi's

Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

I've a leatherman wave not really worth the money i paid for it i find the finish a bit shitty and and there are little niggly things like the blade i find it keally hard to get a good edge on it and the scissors is crap. I think there is a newer version out at the moment haven't seen it though. Have a good look around before you buy. I prefer my old swiss army knife anyday, have a look at the victorinox multi tool.

Comment

Well, I bought one for €1 in Lidl three years ago, and it's served me well!

Pliars are grand, knife loses it's edge after an exercise, but it's easily sharpened. Had a screwdriver too!

Don't waste your cash - head to the pound shop!
                {Face it, if you break 71(+?) of them, you'll have wasted your money!}
                Last edited by Hang-Fire; 20 July 2005, 00:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Hang-Fire
                  Well, I bought one for €1 in Lidl three years ago, and it's served me well!

Pliars are grand, knife loses it's edge after an exercise, but it's easily sharpened. Had a screwdriver too!

Don't waste your cash - head to the pound shop!
                  {Face it, if you break 71(+?) of them, you'll have wasted your money!}

What happens if it breaks when you need it ????

Comment

Both are fine. just a matter of personal preference as to which to get. I prefer the opening mechanism on the Gerber, but I "loaned" mine a while back and haven't seen it since !!!

I have a Leatherman Wave that I use everyday in my full-time job. Hasn't let me down yet. Have another Leatherman (basic model, whatever it's called) on my BDU's, that I also use the hell out of.

As with any tool, if you recognise its limitations and use it within them, you should be GTG.

Later.
                    No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

A leatherman is your best investment in a multitool, at the end of the day you get what you pay for in terms of quality

Comment

Yeah Leathermans are a good piece of kit, but they can be quite expensive think of itas long term investment. Another good bit of kit is a Maglite and a CamelBack.

Comment

Maglite...was a good light in its day. But these days there are far superior products out there.
                          No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

i bought a cheapie a few years ago at its been cool, however try the old army trick, borrow your buddy's!

Comment

Both Gerber & Leatherman tools are available from the store BTW.
                              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Working...
                              X