Canadian OPV,and OPV selection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian OPV,and OPV selection.

I came across the following link which does a pretty good job of describing the Canadian approach to gathering information for their upcoming proposal to acquire OPVs. You will see that they have a comparison list of OPVs curently in service with other navies one of which happens to be our very own Roisin class which gets a very good grade. They also list the Emer and Eithne classes but they only show a picture of the Roisin. Interestingly they speak very highly of the smaller Icelandic vessels too even though they don't meet their need for larger vessels which need to be able to house a helicoptor.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Nice site, some very good graphics (notice the AB139) and ideas, however they don't seem to realise that Roisin is based on the Vigilant.

IAS

Comment

Originally posted by ias
      Nice site, some very good graphics (notice the AB139) and ideas, however they don't seem to realise that Roisin is based on the Vigilant.

IAS
      It is true they did only make a vague reference to that fact. i.e. " Similar vessels have been developed in the British Isles (Ireland’s Róisín class, right)"

See

I do like the site it is one of the best one's I've come across.

I missed the AB139,, you must have been really browsing.
      Last edited by Guest; 27 July 2005, 09:16.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Comment

Under Sea-Boots fo CH-146

IAS

Comment

Thanks. Another gem.

Their Army and Airforce sections are really good too.
          Last edited by Guest; 28 July 2005, 03:14.

Comment

Working...
          X