Headgear / Lanyards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headgear / Lanyards

just thinking should the old beret be replaced there not to bad in green but they probably will be changed with the reorg should the df opt for a different type of head gear ,boonie hat ,baseball cap or a good old fashioned p"sspot helmet (just kidding on the last one)
    "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

The green beret is fine. It looks 10 times better than the black with the DPM uniform. I heard a rumour that the reserve were getting shoulder patches saying "Army Reserve" (very original), and I wondered were the PDF going to abandon the black beret for a green one, and to distinguish us we wud have a patch on our arm, which u would not be able to see unless u were up close to a person. The idea being if we were doing a security duty, u wud not be able to know whether we were well trained PDF or Semi- ok, not bad trained RDF
    ====================================
    Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
    ====================================

Comment

what are Tam o'shanters ??? :confused:

Comment

A DPM style baseball cap would look ok, or maybe it would be too american looking?
        Gunner Al, the Tam O' Shanter is a scottish-style tartan hat. Its pancake shaped with a boble on the top.
        Last edited by Loque; 7 April 2003, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner Al
          what are Tam o'shanters ??? :confused:

must be a Limerick thing:flagwave:

Comment

This is a Tam O Shanter

I'll stick with my Beret thanks
            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Caubeen

I reckon the Caubeen would look class for No.1 Dress and the berek for barrack dress with bush hats while on camp or excersises.What is the thought on this idea.

Comment

"So highly individualistic is the caubeen that no two look alike"

Same could be said about the beret.

Comment

For No 1 dress I think some kind of peaked cap like PDF officers have would look well. For working dress I think the beret is fine. I hate those berets the cav wear though with the "tail"....I forget what they are called

Comment

Glen garries

Comment

Wasn't the Tam o'shanter favoured by the Black and Tans?

Comment

I think the glen garries are best head gear in the whole army. I think RDF officers should have a peaked cap also.
                        What is the name of the scotish regiments head gear ( black watch)???
                        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

What is the name of the scotish regiments head gear ( black watch)???
                          That's a Tam O'Shanter. The Tans & Auxillaries wore caubeens, like the one pictured but without the plume.
                          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Scottish Units wear the Tam O' Shanter

The Tam O' shanter is a traditional Scottish head dress they look like an airman's cap with a bobbin,tails and a tartan rim.
                            The Black watch are just one of several Scottish units to wear the Tan O' Shanter and as I recall not all Scottish units wear the Shanter.
                            The Caubeen is just one of several traditional Irish head dresses, it just so happens that these were adopted by certain Irish units serving with the British army.
                            Irish army pipers in both the Royal Irish and Irish army wear the same uniform which the Caubeen forms part of as does an orange kilt.
                            An Irish cammo pattern bush hat looks much smater than a British or French or US with an Irish cammo uniform and should be adopted as quickly as possible, afterall section commanders tell their sections to wear bush hats instead of berrets on the ground.
                            Well there's my two cents hope this helps from The Thing:-patriot:

Comment

The Black And Tans Did wear Tam O's Shanters alright the had the Bobbles Caubeens Don't.

I think The Caubeen looks exactly the same as the Beret Bar the Plume. Where would we put our Seamrógai ar Lá le Phaidraig??

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Working...
                              X