Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haulbowline Open Day Sat Aug 27th

Anyone from here Heading down to it?

gotta work but was at something like it before and i have to say it was mighty impressive, they really go all out for it. you headin down yourself??
    Just in case I'm not enough of a freak already, let's add a Tiara!!!

Comment

Me! on the nostalgia trip....
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Last years one was excellent. I'd recommend it to anyone in the general area.

Can anyone confirm times?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

between 11 and 4 as far as I know...get there you know you want it...!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

See u there at some stage so Murph

Comment

so what goes on on open day , I am sure my father would like to go but I would like to be able to tell him what to expect if he goes .
              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

meet the guys...see the ships...chew the fat and tell war stories...SBA....you'll find me at some stage looking forward to it.Its been twenty years since i saw the place .....yes I've been back in the green stuff and saw a lot...but this time I'm just a tourist...hope i won't shed too many tears.....hah!

Comment

any chance of anyone taking photo's?
                  Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Originally posted by mutter nutter
                    any chance of anyone taking photo's?
                    What do you think?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Hi Murph

yeah...I'm really looking forward to it too...bringing kids with me, hope to meet up with some of the lads, see how things are going etc

I'm working in a company now in the old Verolme dockyard, so look across the river now and again...stir up the old emotions!!!!!!!!!!

See you Saturday

Comment

Can someone give me directions on how to get there, from tunnel roundabout?

Comment

Easiest way is to go straight through tunnel heading west. Go past blackrock exit, and take the next exit (for douglas). Once you take this exit, you'll see an off-ramp to the left. Ignore this, and go straight up the hill, heading for Carrigaline/Ringaskiddy. I'm not sure if there is a sign pointing for the ferry or not, but your ultimate aim is to head for Ringaskiddy. About five miles after the Douglas exit, you'll come to a roundabout at the bottom of an incline. Take the first exit (left) heading for Ringaskiddy. The Naval Base is about five miles from here, but you just stay on the road. Go past ADM, and Pfizers until you arrive into Ringaskiddy. Keep going straight through the village, until you can't go any further. You should see the water directly in front of you. The road leads onto the bridge so just cross the bridge, and turn left at the end, which will bring you into the base.

The base is about 12 miles from the tunnel. Alternatively, you could go to Cobh, and get one of the ferries across?

Hope this helps

Comment

thanks. might see you there. will be on around 1 hopefully

Comment

No problem. Find Murph, and I'll probably not be too far from him!

Comment

Working...
                              X