Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to limerick. What are the AD like down there. INF type want a change

Hi folks.
    I'm taking up a new job in limerick soon, want a change. I heard the AD, are good. new guns etc. anyone on this post, who is part of the AD. When do you train etc.
    hurry up and wait, are you back yet

Earhart this is for you.

Comment

If you change your mind, the 14th Inf are always there. Call in and have a look. We train the same night as AD.

Comment

Boforgunner then?
        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

i might be moving to limerick in september myself and i would definatally go for AD over anything else down ther but thas probably cause im an artillary man myself at the moment and thats the closed they have down ther.

Tell ya something i wouldnt join infantry if it were the only unit down there!!! :D

Comment

As an outsider looking in,the AD in limerick are a sound bunch. Apart from Earhart ,the NCOs there are a good craic,and it is one of the most popular units in the barracks when it comes to recruits(sorry docman,we know its the truth).
            In the absence of earharts propaganda,I couldnt reccomend them higher.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Earhart was doing her interview yesterday, wasn't she? Anyone know how she got on?

Comment

As the only representative from 3AD(until Earhart or Maverick come on), I can just say give it a go. Everyone there is sound, it would be the perfect time to come on, because we just got the new ack ack guns, so you could learn at the same time as everyone else. We have done our share or tactics etc. so you would not be too much of an outsider, so I say come and give it a try. I dont think I can post parade times on the board, but if you PM me I could probably tell you.

Hope to see you there!
                ====================================
                Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
                ====================================

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                  Units Parading in Sarsfield Barracks:

Infantry :
                  22nd Foot - Tuesday 7:30 - 9:30
                  14th Mouth - Wednesday 8:00 - 10:00

I dont like your tone Kermit.... Dem there Fightin words!
                  Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner Al
                    Tell ya something i wouldnt join infantry if it were the only unit down there!!! :D
                    What are you and kermit trying to say about my beloved Infantry Corps??

Comment

Ya what are ye saying about my Unit ??

Where did foot and mouth come from

Comment

Right, glad I came back when I did.

1. I ran for ULSU election and did not go for my AC interview. I am too short anyways, so there was little point. I have an Army interview on Wednesday (I was unsuccessful in the elections)

2. The AD in Limerick have the highest number of regular attenders in the Barracks. It is a well known and well liked unit. We have the L70's to learn at the moment and Kermit is teaching a SINCGARS course. Lots of opportunities available.

3. The CIS can not be recommended as the best unit in the Barracks (sorry Kermit, but you know it's true). Currently they have NCO's and recuits and no trained personnel.

4. The AD regularly take people on attachment and they usually get a very warm welcome (with one exception). They are a very friendly bunch of lads and we are a very close knit unit.

Feel free to pop in any Wednesday evening to us. If you want to come to us, send me a PM and I'll inform the powers that be. It would be great to have some new blood in the trained ranks.
                        I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

I would recommend the air defence but if I were you, I'd turn up to each unit on their parade night and see what their story is.

Comment

No propaganda here but if you're coming to limerick join the AD. And if you're not sure check around you'll find the best unit for yourself"
                            Where ever you go, there you are

Comment

can strongly recomend the AD in limerick....great bunch of lads and lassies all round.......

*EDIT*

Irrelevent...
                              Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Working...
                              X