NS recruit's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS recruit's?

ok, after finally getting over the niggiling injury I've had which kept fluffing up my attempt's to join the army, I'm now approching the 25yo army recruit cut off point, so I've started looking at the NS, now after reading about the NS on IMO,I'm getting the impression that it's improved alot over the last few year's, so I'd just like to know, would any of the current/former NS personnel here, recommend the NS as a carreer to someone in my postion, ie 24, employed but looking for a challenge and and something interesting?, thank's in advance for any help
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

You only found the section recently? Its been here since the beginning!

Put yourself in the interviewers chair for a moment. Why do you want to join? If its because you are too old for the army, I wouldn't fancy your chances. Forgive me for being blunt, but I know people who sat on the interview panel in the past, and I know how they think.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Id also like to see the responce, as Im currently thinking the same...

Comment

go for it, tell the interview board that you want a challange, want to travel, do something different
        every day

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
          You only found the section recently? Its been here since the beginning!

Put yourself in the interviewers chair for a moment. Why do you want to join? If its because you are too old for the army, I wouldn't fancy your chances. Forgive me for being blunt, but I know people who sat on the interview panel in the past, and I know how they think.
          I noticed it was here yes , is it because I am too old?.....yes originally that was my thinking, but as I've said, reading about it on IMO...see I knew the NS section was on here....it seem's like it would be something different and interesting as a carreer, I just wanted people's "opionion" on what they felt about the NS to help me get some knowlage of the NS, just trying to learn.
          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Comment

why was my post on the matter deleted.?.it was relevant....!
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

News to me Murf.

And nobody else dare touch my section.

Comment

The control panel does not show any deletion in this thread.

Comment

hptMurphy, you couldn't repost it please

Comment

really all it was if you want to do it go for it..even if its only for the minimum time..the courses available are good and the whole thing seems more structured and better supported.at last we can actually say we have a navy..if I had my own time back again ..I'd do it..what sthere to lose...you won't know if you don''t try!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The NS can be an interesting career for the young free and single especially. Some just stay for the five years and then leave. There are good career opportunities. At interview you would want to know things like how many ships and what are the roles of the ns, what area of the NS you would like to work in. All this information can be gotten from a number of sources including the web

Comment

got a nice newly printed booklet with my application form, lot's of photo's and interesting information....btw silly question's time, it say's in the booklet you work on a 4 hour's duty 8 hour's on call system, what do you do during the 8 hour's?, and since I'm a bit of a fitness freak, is how do you work out on a PV, is there a small gym or anything?

Comment

the 4 hour watch can sometimes feel like a 12 hour depending on sea conditions,
                          you can read, watch dvd's, sleep but remember you get a full night sleep after every 3rd night
                          your buddy will be calling you at 4.00 am for watch. but good times, you are generally left alone
                          on patrol once there are not cock-ups.
                          dont know about gym, but you will proberly get locked up if you run around the ship at 04.00
                          every moring,

Comment

So?

0400 - 0800 Duty
                            0800 - 1600 On Call (relax / personal admin and rest the eyes/horizontal admin)

Comment

Eithne, Niamh and Roisin are equipped with Gyms.
                              The watch routine goes out the window if you are at boarding/harbour stations or manouvers. In those cases you go where you are sent. It really only works when the ship is steaming.

Comment

Working...
                              X