Memories of the 70 Inf BN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of the 70 Inf BN

This is just a few personal memories of the 70 Inf Bn. Does anyone here remember that Bn. Better still did you serve with them? If so lets here from ya..Photos from the top are the following 1. Good ol mohommads shop..most honest MIngy man in Lebanon!!
    2. Some of the battalion were vertically challenged.
    3. Rockets being fired from outside the "Black Hole"
    Attached Files
    Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
    Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

1. Minesweep up to the hill(880)
    2. Rain was particularly bad.
    3. So was the snow(black hole in Janurary)
    4. At-Tiri. recreation room after tank rd. hit the night before.
    5. Irish soldiers made of sterner stuff
    Attached Files
    Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
    Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

Comment

Brilliant! Great photos.

Comment

Ah memories!
        The Early bird with a HE hangover!!
        I swear to god i give you best price - yeah right!
        Helmets & flakkers on the road!!
        Live long and prosper!

Comment

the early bird only really started on the 64 Bn, you came into the canner that night and early birded it up next morning

Talk about suffering every step up that poxy hill
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

In the minesweep photo.....is he doing the "Paris Hilton" pose on purpose??

Comment

is that jap o neill (3 bn)in the background of the minesweeping pic with the valon over his shoulder?
              Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Originally posted by ollie
                is that jap o neill (3 bn)in the background of the minesweeping pic with the valon over his shoulder?
                No.
                sigpic
                Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                My favourite moment was when the
                red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

The one in the back with the Valon is none other than yours truely

Comment

Here are a few more from the same trip. Although I think one or two may be 80th batt also.
                    1. Haddatha after a particularly bad Saturday night!
                    2.Failure to stop at checkpoints could be fatal.
                    3. Outside the cookhouse "B Coy".
                    4. "Bunker party". Or to use the right word "Groundhog"!!!!!!!!!!
                    5. Minesweep 7.30 in the AM. an ya feckin dieing!
                    Attached Files

Comment

More of the same (70 Inf BN)
                      1. DFF minesweep from Bra Sheit compound down to beit Jahoon crossroads.
                      2.AML 90 near "Total". (so named because of the oil company based there).
                      3. "Were going home next week" . Worst hangover I EVER experienced the day after.
                      Attached Files

Comment

All your own work?
                        sigpic
                        Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

I dident have that many rounds. But if I did...................

Comment

[QUOTE=Groundhog]All your own work?
                            And that was the last time "Willie white Van" cheated me! 10 dollars fro 2 CDs?????????

Comment

Originally posted by herr flick
                              Here are a few more from the same trip. Although I think one or two may be 80th batt also.
                              1. Haddatha after a particularly bad Saturday night!
                              3. Outside the cookhouse "B Coy".
                              4. "Bunker party". Or to use the right word "Groundhog"!!!!!!!!!!
                              5. Minesweep 7.30 in the AM. an ya feckin dieing!
                              Just on that last photo there, why was the cameraman in front of the minesweeper?
                              Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X