Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irish Naval visits to Cork(for a Change)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Naval visits to Cork(for a Change)

Four Irish Naval vessels are currently on the Quays in Cork city, and are open to the public.
    L.E Emer, Orla, Eithne and Roisin are currently berthed at Custom House Quay

They will be there until Monday morning and are open from 1400 to 1700 Tomorrow.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Goldie this is the new recruitment campaign as written in the dublin papers during the week
    they are sending each class of naval vessels, and are open to the general pop
    if cork is successful, they will do the same in dublin and waterford ports?

Comment

The Dublin papers??
      I've heard of The Limerick Leader and the Donegal Times but which papers are "The Dublin papers" exactly. I know of the national papers such as The Irish Times and The Irish Independent and I've heard of the evening papers such as The Evening Herald and The Evening Echo but I must say that I am at a loss when it comes to The Dublin papers :tri:

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-soldier
        The Dublin papers??
        I've heard of The Limerick Leader and the Donegal Times but which papers are "The Dublin papers" exactly. I know of the national papers such as The Irish Times and The Irish Independent and I've heard of the evening papers such as The Evening Herald and The Evening Echo but I must say that I am at a loss when it comes to The Dublin papers :tri:

It was posted on one of these new dublin papers- Just started last week- i believe there is also another paper to start printing some time soon, these are given free around the dublin area i believe

Comment

Sounds like a good idea....god be with the days there were waiting list and you could't get in...now they are proactively recruiting...wonder is there a bonus scheme...there was years aago....
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by moggy
            It was posted on one of these new dublin papers- Just started last week- i believe there is also another paper to start printing some time soon, these are given free around the dublin area i believe
            Metro.

There's also a new morning edition of the Herald. Lots of other local papers in Dublin.

Comment

Was aboard the 4 of them on sunday after work, first time and was nice for a change
              Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
              http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Its all well and good promoting this in Dublin snoozepapers, but whats the point when the ships are in Cork? I only saw it announced on the Examiner on saturday(along with a photo of the roughest, scruffyiest looking Female seaman they could find) and in a weekly paper that hit the shelves today.

Comment

Maybe they put it on the cork metro paper, by the way whats her tel no

Comment

I never said she was a Tel...

Can anyone tell me why Eithne no longer has her flash New Diesel RIBs?

Comment

maybe she the 'tel' took it

Comment

A Sample of the photos I took on the day(and night)

Comment

nice one

Comment

Excuse me Goldie but i don't think you are in any position to call anyone scruffy!!
                            That seaman happens to be a good friend of mine and is an extremely hard worker. I'm sorry if we do not look picture perfect 24 hrs a day but at the end of the day we didn't join the naval service for the purpose of getting pictures in papers.

Comment

Originally posted by kayleighanne03
                              Excuse me Goldie but i don't think you are in any position to call anyone scruffy!!
                              I didn't realise you knew me. Feel free to introduce yourself next time you see me. Been called many things in my life, but never scruffy

That seaman happens to be a good friend of mine and is an extremely hard worker.
                              You mean it was you?
                              I'm sorry if we do not look picture perfect 24 hrs a day but at the end of the day we didn't join the naval service for the purpose of getting pictures in papers.
                              When Posing for a photo in a National newspaper(and it was a posed photo, not a papparazzi style snapshot like I would have taken), how difficult is it to put on your own beret properly? Or even to find someone elses that fits?

I must find the photo and scan it in. Let the jury decide.

Comment

Working...
                              X