Service Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Records

Do they exist and if so is it worth getting them. Doing a bit of work on my family history at the moment so i was thinking seen as ive sent of for British service records that i might try and get my old mans service records, he was only in it a few years still id like to have them if its possible to get them. Anyone have any info

Apart from the discharge book, I doubt there would be much on record. DF Manpower?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

This is a subject that I have an interest in as I had a relative in the LDF. Would the halls where parades take place not hold any records?
      "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Yes they do and they are still probably there if you can find them under the dust.....
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

All the old (pre reorg) files are in the process of being put into military archives.

Comment

I doubt LDF or FCA records have been archived in any systematic manner.

I happen to have the LDF roll book for my area. I found it clearing out an old shed for somebody.

Comment

I know for a fact that my old sub-units records were placed in labelled boxes and sent off.

Comment

Where do I get Irish Army service records?

Hi Everyone

I was wondering who I should write to in order to request service records for former members of the Irish Army. I have written to various people at various locations over the last year without reply. The service of these relatives of mine range from the 20's to the 60's. You can see some pictures in other friends.

Cheers

Conor

Comment

Collins barracks cork i was told when i wanted to check up my late uncles service

Comment

Originally posted by saintconor View Post
                    Hi Everyone

I was wondering who I should write to in order to request service records for former members of the Irish Army. I have written to various people at various locations over the last year without reply. The service of these relatives of mine range from the 20's to the 60's. You can see some pictures in other friends.

Cheers

Conor

I don't know if service records will be released but you could contact ,

Officer in Charge,
                    Military Archives,
                    Cathal Brugha Bks,
                    Rathmines,
                    Dublin 6.
                    Ireland

Telephone: + 00 353 1 8046457
                    Last edited by B Inman; 4 November 2008, 22:33.

Comment

Originally posted by saintconor View Post
                      Hi Everyone

Cheers

Conor
                      Area records in each Bde HQ. You'll need their army numbers.
                      sigpic
                      Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                      My favourite moment was when the
                      Originally posted by hedgehog
                      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Working...
                      X