Modular Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modular Kit

I'm interested in getting people's opinions on this, especially those who've used it. Would people recommend it? Would people use OG, CE or US Woodland pouches if Irish ones couldn't be found?
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Yeah I've used modular kit a good few times and have found them to be an excellent load carrying system as they allow the operator to be more mission specific. Although try keep away from the cheap and nasty gear as it tends to fall apart according to some sources. Most American systems have been continually improved from guys serving in Iraq so are the best choice, e.g the Hellcat. Personally I think the Woodland blends quite well and has advantage of being mainly American made and therefore has greater variety of pouches on the market. Hopefully that sheds some light.
    Arriving at a gun fight with a knife is a basic failure in planning.

Comment

modular kit is definetly a good way to go.

personally, i'd go for OG unless irish camo is available. nothing worse than people going around looking like the mujahadeen with loads of differnet camo clothing and pouches. but this is a purely asthetic point of view.

the modular kit idea, however, is very practically. carry what you need and change as required. better than having to dismantle PLCE for each different occasion.
      An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

If Irish DPM is unavailable I'd say get US Woodland. It looks like extremely faded Irish DPM

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
          If Irish DPM is unavailable I'd say get US Woodland. It looks like extremely faded Irish DPM
          I think you meant that the other way around.

US Woodland

Irish DPM

Not the best picture

Comment

i wont be buying a full set of kit again for a while. But some decent modular stuff would be good. If not in Irish DPM(I know that'd be near impossible to get), i'd say US woodland would be a good option, unless you can get a west european camo like the Artkis smock had
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

The 'western european' camo is not an Arktis pattern. It's central european with a bit of green dye thrown in by the retailer in question.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

What exactly do you mean by modular kit?

Could you post a couple of pictures or give us a link please? so we are not all talking about different things.

Comment

The modular concept consists of a vest or chest rig like this:

Note the three strips of webbing stitched down horizontally across the front of the rig at regular intervals. The loops formed by this stitching are called channels. The channels allow the user to attach whatever loose pouch he likes by threading strips on the back of the pouch through the channels.

Here's an example of the strips on the back of a loose pouch:

The end result is a rig configured just how the user wants, and if done correctly the pouches are solidly connected.

Comment

Thanks Mr.Molloy.

If Irish DPM wasn't available I'd go for, CE, followed by OG.

Comment

There's some variations on the theme, but the idea is pretty much the same.

Comment

Dare i say it but protac do a semi modular vest on request.Its in irish dpm but its expensive at 300 euro.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I've yet to have seen it. The only thing modular I've seen from Protac was the semi modular combat vest that some units got for Liberia.

I had this 1 in US woodland.

Just the top pouches were modular.
                          Last edited by chuck6d; 31 December 2005, 22:22.

Comment

FMolloy,
                            a vest set up would allow a wider variety of pouches to be carried and and allow a larger load to be carried. sometimes the chest rig set up can be a bit limited in what you can carry.
                            An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Point taken X-Ray.

Comment

Working...
                              X