PNCO course....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNCO course....

I recently finished my PNCO course and at the end of the 24 tactical excercise we did a 7 mile route march with CEFO and rifles. One of the PDF corporals running the course told us that this is standard for the PDF and we were the first course to do it immediately after an excercise.

I was just wondering if anyone else did anything like that on their course?

I think that the PDF stay out a bit longer than 24Hours? I was often told that a route march with a finish line at the end is not much use, there should be a attach put in at the end, this will realy show level of fitness.
    What PNCOs course is just finished? funny time of the year to finish?

Comment

My Standard Course after a 72 was a 5 miler w/CEMO and Bren.

It was hard to sing the happy song after but we did !
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I meant the route march was what the PDF do after being on the ground, not the amount of time out on the ground.

We did the route march out of camp through a nearby town and then looped round through backroads to the edge of another town and back into camp. A few hours Before this we did a Platoon attack and then moved up a steep f*cker of a hill at the back of the camp.

I think it was more to determine a level of morale, enthusiasm and determination as opposed to fitness as there was too much of a mix of people with different fitness levels and it isnt possible to get them all the same within 2 weeks. We still managed to sing a few songs though! The only hard part of the route march was sore feet from the uncomfortable boots and the socks burning the soles of your feet.

The PNCO's course was for the Western Bde. I think there is another batch for the west in the summer.

It was even more satisfying to complete it after hearing that some PDF in the camp were saying we would never do it and half of us would come back on the minibus.

Comment

I can recall a route march completing the 24hr exercise on the PNCO's course I did. Before I get attacked from all corners - I was prevented from taking part in the exercise due to medical reasons. I promised that medic anything if he'd let me go - but he wouldn't :(
          I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

ICUN,did ye use the PLCE webbin,or the 58 pattern?

Comment

58 pattern unfortunately, I got a good enough set of it though so it wasn't too bad

Comment

I did my course with 58 pattern (As i suppose most people have, The thing is it was my own personal issue that I had since I was a recruit so I was well used to wearing it and had it adjusted properly to fit me, other people got issued their Webbing the Thursday night before the course and were in bits because of it!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

This Years eastern pots all have P.L.C.E. i wouldnt do it in 58.....
                  Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Did, perhaps, this thread get edited this afternoon while I wasn't watching ?
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

yup it certainly did....me and earhart were having an auld chin wag about our own pots course and all our posts got wiped....wouldnt mind but we didnt exactly give away any government secrets..........
                      Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

It wasn't anything to do about security,
                        have a look at the rules , Off Topic & Chat posts will be deleted.

Comment

congrats on the course ICUN, you looked b##xed on friday. well so did all of youse! there is a photo of a section of youse in the paper in the area today. Bastards had the cheek to call youse LDF!

Comment

For comparison, in Basic in the US, we have a 12-mile march out, 72 hours on the ground, and a 15-miler home. My god, but my feet were murdering me for three days afterwards...

At the end of OCS, I did a 30km haul in 4:28... And I'm never doing it again if I can help it.

NTM
                            Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Congrats in completing the course ICUN.
                              Last years Southern Brigade PNCO`s Course has PLCE.
                              Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                              http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Working...
                              X