Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Cav Trooper Killed in crash. (Please disable your signature when posting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Cav Trooper Killed in crash. (Please disable your signature when posting)

04/01/06
    Garda appeal after fatal crash

By Sean O’Riordan and Donal Hickey
    GARDAÍ are appealing for witnesses to an horrific head-on-crash which claimed the life of a 46-year-old soldier yesterday morning.

John Granville from Barrack Hill, Fermoy, was driving to Cork when his blue Fiat Cinquecento was involved in a head-on-collision with a lorry on the main Cork-Dublin road, two miles south of the village of Rathcormac.

The accident happened at 7.10am and Mr Granville was pronounced dead at the scene by a local doctor.

His body had to be cut from the wreckage by fire brigade personnel, and it was taken to Cork University Hospital where a post mortem was carried out yesterday afternoon.

The car he had been travelling in was taken to Fermoy where it was technically examined by garda experts.

Superintendent Flor Horan appealed for anybody who witnessed the accident to contact Fermoy garda station at 025-82100.

Mr Granville, a married father-of-three, joined the army in 1985 as a trooper with 1st Cavalry Squadron, based at Fitzgerald Camp, Fermoy.

When that camp closed a few years ago he, along with his unit, was transferred to Collins Barracks in Cork.

A Defence Forces spokesperson said yesterday that “a cloud had descended over Collins Barracks” and the news of Mr Granville’s death had shocked and saddened his colleagues.

“He was a very popular member of his unit and he was well got with everybody.”
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/pport/w...q-nXlDAyFE.asp

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Poor Man.
    R.I.P
    Cheers Bernard......

Comment

Rip
      You'll have to speak up, i'm wearing a towel.

Comment

r.i.p
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Rip
          I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Rest in peace.
            "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
            Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
            Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

R.i.p.
              Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

The news bulletin I heard listed him as a Pte. May he rest in peace.

Also, Nigel O'Gorman, from Naas, the poor devil who died in Australia in the plane crash,
                apparently, was a former member of the NS
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Rip

Comment

rip.and condolences to all concerened.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rip

Comment

May God Rest you Trooper Granville. My sympathies to your Family and Friends.
                        You fully deserve the full Honours.
                        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Rip
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Originally posted by Barndoor
                              Rip
                              RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X