Foreign Naval Visits 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Naval Visits 2006

Another year, More visiting Naval vessels to see.

First up that I know of is on 10 Feb 2006 when an International minesweeping flotilla visit Cork, on what appears to be a tour of the European Atlantic ports.

NATO Standing Force MCM Group 1.

ENS Admiral Pitka (Estonia) A 230
    FGS Passau (Germany) M 1096
    KNM Maloy (Norway) M 342
    HNLMS Willemstad (Netherlands) M 864
    BNS Crocus (Belgium) M 917
    HMS Bangor (UK) M 109

The Vessels will visit Derry on the 17 feb.

Hopefully these visits will be the first of many.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Nice one Goldie keep us informed - fair play

Comment

Should be arriving sometime today..

Comment

Nice One . I picked a good day to go up to town so

Comment

Change of Plan, they went to Liverpool instead. Still in (London)Derry next weekend though.

Comment

02 Mar 06 HMS Manchester D 95 Dublin

Comment

I am informed by friends in Limerick that a French Naval /Coastguard vessel is currently visiting Limerick Docks. I'll be up there for the weekend, Hopefully if it is still there I'll try to get a few photos.

Comment

Apparently LE NIAMH will also be in attendance
                "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

The German Navy will pay a Visit to Dublin, from 1st May 2006 to 6th May 2006.

FGS HAMBURG
                  FGS RHEINLAND PFALZ

Comment

Berthing at Ocean Pier.Not open to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairflick

FGS HAMBURG
                      FGS RHEINLAND PFALZ
                      That would explain what I saw arriving yesterday early in the morning (around 1030hrs)

Comment

The French Gendermarie Maritime vessel "Epee" visited Limerick over the weekend and I had the pleasure of visiting, taking a few photos and sampling some of their beverages while doing so.(Lovely People the French).

Built in March 1976, Epee is 40m in length, and in the past was assigned to the french protectorates in sunnier climates. On this occasion she had a crew of 24, which considering its size was a tight squeeze. Main Armament consists of a rarely used Bofors 40mm with pintle MG mounts aft. Its main duties at the moment involve anti drugs smuggling patrols in inshore waters, and port control.

Later on we were treated to the sound of Breton Pipes.....

Comment

This might work...

Comment

Originally posted by Hairflick

FGS HAMBURG
                            FGS RHEINLAND PFALZ

FGS Hamburg, 1st picture, left 15 minutes ahead of schedule...

Taken from South Wall, Dublin.

The green tower " on the deck" is in fact the lighthouse at the end of the North Wall.

Comment

Tho not strictly Naval, the Training vessel TS State of Maine visits Cobh on June 7th. This ship is a former USN Research vessel.

Comment

Working...
                              X