Ballymullen Barracks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballymullen Barracks.

When was the western wing of the main accomodation block at Ballymullen Barracks in Tralee demolished. I know that the anti treaty garrison burnt it down when the dublin guards landed in fenit in August 1922. Was the whole barracks repaired or what exactly happened?
    I can't make you do anything but i can make you wish you had.

There was a history of the barracks posted here recently. Try looking there. The search function should help.
    EDIT
    It must have been lost in the crash but i definatly remember seeing it here. Try pmíng "infantry sandbag". He's from kerry. It was written by a cmdt from the area i do believe and was a fairly good read. From what i can remember it was the home of the royal munster fussilers but other than that i cannot help anymore.
    Last edited by happenin; 2 May 2006, 16:55.
    Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
    Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
    do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

thanks happenin ill luk into it

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbs
        thanks happenin ill luk into it
        Any chance of an edit there so that your post resembles english?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I fail to see the relevance between pointing out any grammatical errors or other such in posts which were directed to happenin and the history of ballymullen barracks. There are also similarities in the previous post to insinuating that people who don’t have time to read newspapers because of pressures through college etc., and have to rely on other sources for information, e.g. imo, are inferior beings. (Referring to a previous post on the garda thread) we don’t all have time to be lounging around doing sudoku and reading the funnies.

Comment

read the rules crums....no text speak...now if you were a student of business studies your vernacular would be appropriately elevated to the necessary standard of such a fine discussion board
            OH YES BOYS.....I'M BACK AND I'M PACKING

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
              Any chance of an edit there so that your post resembles english?
              You mean English, I take it, as against english
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Give the guy a break. There are more subtle and effective ways of telling people to shape up (IE: PM's) rather than having a go at them in front of everybody.
                Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

PMs are frequently ignored.

As dclmk says, it's in the rules. End of discussion.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Lesson learnt hands down I'll admit that, what can I say English was never my strong point at school, so back too the topic at hand!!

Comment

Working...
                    X