Irish Words of Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Words of Command

Anyone got a PDF/Word copy of all the Irish words of command and there meaning?

RDFRA website has a copy of them up
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Nice one cheers

Comment

No sign of it up there, any one else got it?

Comment

Sorry bout that, i'll do another search

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzle
            Anyone got a PDF/Word copy of all the Irish words of command and there meaning?
            I have a copy of what used to be on RDFRA and will put it up here. Other than that, there is the manual of footdrill.

Comment

here they are http://www.62infantry.com/Drill.shtml

Comment

Thats perfect cheers

Comment

There are some errors in that list. Most are gramatical but one or two are incorrect, such as the correct order for "mark time" as per the manual of footdrill.

If anyone would care to correct me please provide a reference to the relevant amendment to the said manual. Stories about new manuals still in the pipline don't count.

Comment

The man makes a valid point, all the same. Although Greadaigh Fúibh seems
                    prevalent, it doesn't exist in the manual. And as the old saying goes, RTFM....
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I have heard tell, but cannot confirm, that there was a training instruction or amendment to the manual on this a long time ago.

Comment

There is an Irish/English dictionary of military terms going about. Library in the Curragh or any BTC may have one.
                        The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
                        (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Originally posted by WES
                          There is an Irish/English dictionary of military terms going about. Library in the Curragh or any BTC may have one.
                          I found several copies in the official publications section of the Ussher (I think) library in TCD.

Comment

I had one but gave it away when I retired.
                            The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
                            (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

I have my Dads NCO book that he had during the course, i use it now to get ready for my basic so im not completely clueless as to whats goin on.
                              Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

Working...
                              X