Piss or get off the Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piss or get off the Pot

Would the director of cav and the warriors please decide wheter they are the armoured warfare specialsits or the recce inheritors...choice of vehicle please hand over the AML 245s en masse...train for the new percieved role..and allow the reseve cav to become the FS element

or train the entire Reserve up to the required Reecce standard..and scrap all the AML 245s..and save the relevant turrets to new ARV chassis....but FFS make up your collective minds
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

This has been a party pollitical broadcast on behalf of the 31 cav.
    Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
    Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
    do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Murf does not speak for 31 cav.
      He is however completely correct. The Panhards were due for replacement last year. The new tacaids have many references to the LTAV...
      The current situation in Cav is a lot like giving the Artillery a few 60mm mortars and telling them they are now "Light artillery".
      Decisions need to be made. The Panhards while a great vehicle, are no longer an adequate armoured recce vehicle. Overseas the Panhards operate as part of an infantry unit. They are neither Mechanised Infantry or armoured recce. They are something in between.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

thank you!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The title is a bit missleading, but i have to agree with the topic
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Is Mr Murphy suggesting that a desk bound warrior with a well paid cushy job and a fat pension which nobody can sack him from no matter how incompetant he is makes a decision other than should he have a muffin or a biscut with his coffee? What is the world coming to?

Comment

No. Civil servants do not dictate military operations.

And its tea, not coffee.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

civil servents do not dictate military operations. unfortunately, they do dictate how well we are able to carry out these operations.

namely, by never giving enough funding ( except for necessities like 3 MATS aircraft, etc. ) and also by asking the military what they need to do the job and then promptly ignoring the answer!
                An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

its not a case of the civil servants approving the gear..its a case of the Army pushing the case to the limits.

Now in reference to recently aquirrred info..they've made a bollocks of it again...the reserve will end up with the cast offs but be expected to be a functional reserve...

would any body wonder why the Gardai cast their doubts on a functional reserve..i reckon the PDF will have light sabres before bayonets are on issue to the RDF
                  Last edited by hptmurphy; 31 May 2006, 21:39.

Comment

i want a blue lightsaber then
                    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Why ...whats up with the red ones.....

Amls vs Mowags..its bit like Ford versus AMLs...given the amount of life left in the AML 245 ..Irish 20 mm conversion with Peugeot diesel engine..I reckon my kids could be reitterating this thread in twenty years time. Given the mileage these cars put up annnually versus the average diesel car or van..they are going to be around for generations..not years...

Comment

Working...
                      X