Issue Sleeping Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue Sleeping Bag

I was just wondering what the season rating is for the issue sleeping bag? Also is it the same bag as the British Issue one?
    "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last I checked the bag was identical to the BA-issued one, it's a four season one AFAIK.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

The new one? Or the old bulky one? Got a great new one during the summer. Pity i had to hand it back. It squeezed down to half the size of the old one, Even with the cover on it. One of the best pieces of kit i was ever issued.
      The old one on the other hand, Big, Bulky, Smelly pieces of crap. Never had any time for them.
      Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
      Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
      do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

I think you mean either the 58 Pattern Sleeping bag or the PLCE (1990) sleeping bag.

From experience I can say that the 58 wouldn't be considered a 4 season (i.e. cold weather) sleeping bag. Dunno abou the 1990 sleeping bag. Never slept in one.

Anyway, the fact that they're not stored properly would reduce their warmth. They should be stored open, not in the stuff sack.

Comment

I was talking about the 90patt one.

Don't like the 58patt bag. Never fitted into it correctly. When fully zipped up it is very tight on the neck. Also the way the hood and the top of the bag form a place for your shoulders is just not the right preportions. The last one I got hand one shoulder was lower than the other.
          "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

qw
            Last edited by AATWT; 17 September 2006, 23:12.

Comment

but the reserve don't
              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

qw
                Last edited by AATWT; 17 September 2006, 23:11.

Comment

probably left it with your raingear, or in your combat boots
                  It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

qw
                    Last edited by AATWT; 17 September 2006, 23:11.

Comment

The reserve does get them. Most BN's should have some of them at this stage.

Comment

qw
                        Last edited by AATWT; 17 September 2006, 23:10.

Comment

The current issue sleeping bag. For that matter the complete sleeping system basha, bivi bag, kip mat and sleeping bag.
                          Last edited by Tribunius; 28 May 2006, 05:31.

Comment

yea there are some of them in the gun kit stores for my unit.
                            The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Originally posted by Tribunius
                              The reserve does get them. Most BN's should have some of them at this stage.
                              From what I have seen in the south, they are held at Brigade level.... by one unit who issues them out to other units on request along with PLCE etc. Although, from what I have seen, requests have an unusual habit of getting shredded.

Comment

Working...
                              X