Museums in Barracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Museums in Barracks

Trellheim mentioned this in the archive thread, but it deserves a thread of it's own.

How many barracks maintain their own little museums? Where are they & are they any good?

There was one in Clonmel last time I was there, is it still in operation
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

heh.heh..I know who runs it too...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

There is one in Collins in Cork

Comment

Renmore, Galway

There’s one in Dun Ui Mhaoilisa (someone check spelling!) in Galway. I’ve never been in it but I’ve heard it’s very good with a lot of stuff on the Connaught Rangers.

Comment

There was one in Clonmel last time I was there, is it still in operation

Yes it is.
          sigpic
          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
          My favourite moment was when the
          Originally posted by hedgehog
          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

The 22nd have one in Ennis, it's small but is quite interesting.

Comment

A tiny one in Dundalk!

Aikens barracks has a wee one which is maintained by members of the MP's (little else to be doing) ayways it's very small and not much there considering the past history of the barracks from occupation by the British-Free state-Civil war-Emergency-troubles etc.
              It is ashame that all barracks do not have a military museum!
              On a fitting note I would love one day to see a museum set up to convey the entire period of the troubles of the Isle of Ireland, I know the national museum caters for this to a small degree, if it was done correctly it could become a major tourist centre?
              Well theres my two cents on the whole issue!

Comment

There are plans for a national military museum. This was part of the agreement when Collins Bks in Dublin was handed over to the National Museum.

✓Direct link to the registration site ✓Comprehensive assessment ✓Bonus conditions ✓FAQ

Comment

There's a Military Museum in Carlow Town located in at the Old Church, St. Dympna's Hospital, Athy Road, Carlow

e-mail: military.museum@ireland.com:flagwave:

Comment

AND............

Military Archives is in Cathal Brugha Bks, Dublin, and there is a museum in the
                    Curragh, think it's in the Military College, Pearse Bks
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                    X