Nissan Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Patrol

A question on the 97 model, what happened to it?? I saw a 93 last week and it looked very similar to the newer models now being used buy the DF
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Sorry you'll have to explain a little more clearly.

If you are asking what I think..the 89 series was actually out of production..built in spain. the DF wanted a new run of Nissans in about 96..but early models of the GR were available..but at the time the army didn't want this particular variant as it was too expensive. so Nissan in spain carried out another limited production run of the older type especially for the army..

Is that any help?
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

That clears it up. And is actually what I had assumed. Cheers murph
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin_ie
        A question on the 97 model, what happened to it?? I saw a 93 last week and it looked very similar to the newer models now being used buy the DF
        Of course these will be "boarded" next year, having reached 10 yrs service.
        Keep an eye out for same at the car auctions up in Dublin, can be picked up cheaply
        enough. Goldie, would this solve your issue Re: buying the Pajero...?
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
          Goldie, would this solve your issue Re: buying the Pajero...?
          Have you been in one of those nissans recently?! Drivers tend to know which nissan is which not by the registration number, but by the number of things that are broken on them.....

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
            Have you been in one of those nissans recently?! Drivers tend to know which nissan is which not by the registration number, but by the number of things that are broken on them.....
            Certain element of truth in that alright : )
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I wouldn't touch a boarded army Nissan with a barge pole. The ones approaching boarding are bad enough. I'd like for example when I do get my Pajo, to be able to open the doors occasionally. I was once in an army nissan where the front seat passenger wasn't able to open his door until the passenger behind opened his. The Back doors hinges were painted closed. To attempt opening would bend the bodywork, instead of working the hinge.

My only hope is that replacements appear immediately after the old nissans are boarded.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                I wouldn't touch a boarded army Nissan with a barge pole. The ones approaching boarding are bad enough. I'd like for example when I do get my Pajo, to be able to open the doors occasionally. I was once in an army nissan where the front seat passenger wasn't able to open his door until the passenger behind opened his. The Back doors hinges were painted closed. To attempt opening would bend the bodywork, instead of working the hinge.

My only hope is that replacements appear immediately after the old nissans are boarded.

Thankfully, I've never seen any THAT bad. As for your latter point, don't hold your breath,especially those on the books of Reserve units (would be mainly talking about Cav, Tpt here..). Speaking of Cav, 31 Cav seem to have a nice clatter of vehicles (was about to detail, but then slapped self on the wrist just in time )

Comment

A lot of units don't have any vehicles of their own (other than possibly a transit) and have to requisition MT from their parent PDF unit. Which saves a lot of messing around maintaining vehicles (just fuel them and clean them when you're finished with them, but that means that on the way home from a weekend you might have to go out of your way to find an open POL point), but means you tend to get the worst nissans going

Comment

well for cross country performance and reliabilty..I know the one I'd pick..I was fortunate to have the same car for three years on the PSOs...and she was a 95 GS. Things are not that bad. The Nissans were a far better buy that any of the earlier land rover products we had..
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                      A lot of units don't have any vehicles of their own (other than possibly a transit) and have to requisition MT from their parent PDF unit. Which saves a lot of messing around maintaining vehicles (just fuel them and clean them when you're finished with them, but that means that on the way home from a weekend you might have to go out of your way to find an open POL point), but means you tend to get the worst nissans going
                      Don't know where you're coming from with that, Barry.

Out of hours, the Ord Sgt for the unit in charge of POL for a location, is the person to contact for fuelling.

Of course, note I didn't say anything about trying to find that individual on a weekend......

All joking aside, the people in your own location are quite good in this regard...

Comment

been told that Nissan have lost the contract to provide 4x4s to the DF but rather its gone with a French Company name unknown....

Comment

similar to what the the french army use ?

Comment

Well the french use the Auverland and some Peugeot thingy...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

As well as ACMAT

Comment

Working...
                              X