Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h.m.g

Hey.
    I'm due to take part in a hmg course. As of yet i haven't heard anything about joining instructions and i'm due to start the course soooon. What i was wondering(if any of you have done a course recently) could someone tell me if helmets and webbing are required? No one, even our pdf cadre, can give me an answer. I'd appreciate any help as i don't wanna arrive on the day with no ****ing gear cos of my cadre's incompetence.p.p.p.p.p.p.
    Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
    Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
    do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

dunno bout webbing n stuff , but defo bring padding for your shoulders youll need it
    Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

It depends, if your going to be lugging the H.M.G with you on a nice tab. Padding is really a must for both sholders. CEFO in my opinion is worth while provided it has very little in it, as the yolk is handy for securing the padding. Helmets up to you, can prevent head inquiry if hauling the monster on the sholder.
      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Originally posted by happenin
        What i was wondering(if any of you have done a course recently) could someone tell me if helmets and webbing are required? No one, even our pdf cadre, can give me an answer. I'd appreciate any help as i don't wanna arrive on the day with no ****ing gear cos of my cadre's incompetence.p.p.p.p.p.p.
        Speaking as a HMG instructor, all students wear cefo and helmets during my lessons.
        sigpic
        Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
        My favourite moment was when the
        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Bring 'em!!!!!
          The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
          (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it..........

Comment

any one post a pic of a hmg?

Comment

Originally posted by GI Josephine
                any one post a pic of a hmg?
                Loads of pictures and information here:
                http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m2-50cal.htm

http://www.62infantry.com/Weapons_Eq...t/FN_HMG.shtml

Comment

cool thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by happenin
                    Hey.
                    I'm due to take part in a hmg course. As of yet i haven't heard anything about joining instructions and i'm due to start the course soooon. What i was wondering(if any of you have done a course recently) could someone tell me if helmets and webbing are required? No one, even our pdf cadre, can give me an answer. I'd appreciate any help as i don't wanna arrive on the day with no ****ing gear cos of my cadre's incompetence.p.p.p.p.p.p.
                    If your Cadre are dragging their heels (would have thought a simple phone call to the conducting unit to fax over the Joining Instructions would be simple enough, but thenagain... ), ring the unit yourself. Would agree with the lads, CEFO and helmets would be the norm for such a course......
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

our CO personally delivered the joining instructions to Happenins Hse monday evening!

Comment

Originally posted by GI Josephine
                        our CO personally delivered the joining instructions to Happenins Hse monday evening!
                        Another victory for IMOL.
                        sigpic
                        Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
                          Another victory for IMOL.
                          Don't knock it if it works.

Comment

If ya ask nicely over and over and over and over (ya get the idea) again he starts to give in. The downside is that they expect us to go on thes course with 58 pattern and other such shite. Collecting the gear last night i wouldn't have been shocked if they pulled out piss-pot helmets.

Thank **** i bought my own webbing for these kind of situations.

Comment

Savege course. Best craic i've had on a camp in a while. Instructor from the 5th was brilliant. Still have the imprint of his hand on the back of my head. Still i've forgoten most of it except for
                              if no go is a go the you don't go but if no go is a no go then you go to the go and if go is a no go you don't go but if go is a go then you go. so you can only go if no go is a no go and go is a go.

Comment

Working...
                              X