Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of coastal forces in expeditionary roles

"Norwegian Navy to build specialized expeditionary coastal force
    The Royal Norwegian Navy (RNoN) is developing plans to turn its Coastal Flotilla (comprising fast patrol boats, Coastal Rangers and maritime special operations forces) into the core of a highly-specialized expeditionary task group charged with securing access to coastal areas in order to facilitate the entry of follow-on forces during multinational crisis response operations."
    [Jane's International Defense Review - first posted to http://idr.janes.com - 18 May 2003]
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

have you no opinions or do you just like posting random information?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I try not to make uninformed comments, the idea interests me but I don't really know enough about the field.

Would you prefer if I just came along and said "I think Ireland should have a Charles De Gaulle class carrier, Le Clerc MBT's and that Gerry Adams should be the new high king of Ireland"?
      Or would you agree that there are already enough people bringing uninformed opinions to this board
      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Dont mind them (should I call you come??? ;D ). Free thinking is the only way anything will happen in this country. We have an army that up to recently trained in ww2 tactics,and an air corps that have no military capability. Any new ideas for the NS could only be good,given the stagnation that has been allowed to occur post Eithne.
        Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Normally people use CQ or Quick I think, I don't want to end up being mentioned on Graham Norton.
          The general shrift that 've gotten in my Naval research is that the best direction for Ireland to follow in the short to medium term is for MCMW ships or multi-role boats with MCM and Fishery protection modules as well as UAVs and RSOVs which would give the NS a valuable but low key expeditionary contribution to any multi-national interventions.

Comment

Are you familiar with the Skold class fast patrol boats? The US Navy is evaluating one as a littoral combat ship. Interesting design.

Comment

Yeah..strealth patrol boat..still experimental
              Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Working...
              X