All army falling plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All army falling plates

the 3rd Cav have beaten the 20th battalion in the qualifiers today...two runs to one .....roll on tomorrow....I'll be there Cmon the 3 cav!
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Best of luck to all,sadly I wont be there,should be rolling into my bed by the time the first shot is fired in the morning..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Murph it looks we are to meet in the final again, we are through as well. I wasnt there today but I heard the news through one of the cadre. Best of luck to all those taking part, see most of you all tomorrow
      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Results?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The Cav triumph.......

the 13th gallant runners up

the 19th an honorable third....

well done to all and thanks to all the supporters and those who ran the event.No quibbles about the the refereeing.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Well done to the South! :D
            Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Here we go:
              Well done to all that took part in the All Army RDF shooting competition in Kilworth today, and well done to HPT and the 3 Cav Sqd. in winning the falling plates and once again ripping the heart and sole out of the 13 Infantry. Far Play 3 Cav and well done.
              A full run down on the results.
              Rifle Team
              1st - 24 Inf Bn - 634 points, 2nd - 11 Inf Bn - 630 points, 3rd - 13 Inf Bn - 609 points, 4th -9 FAR - 602 points, 5th - 10 Inf Bn - 586 points, 6th - 11Cav Sqd - 527 points, 7th - 9 Inf Bn - 405 points, 8th - 8 Inf Bn - 378 Points and finally 9th - NSR - 231 points.

Rifle individual (Scores only)
              1st - 252 (Pte from 13Bn) (rock on the 13th), 2nd - 246 (Pte from 11Bn) and 3rd - 235 (Sgt from 24 inf)

LMG (Bren Gun) Team
              1st - 22 Inf Bn - 354 points, 2nd - 23 Inf Bn - 341 points

LMG Individual (Scores only)
              1st - 360 (Pte form 22Bn), 2nd - 349 (Cpl from 23Bn) and 3rd - 339 (Cpl from 22nd)

BAP Team
              1st - 15Inf Bn - 318 points, 2nd - 20 Inf Bn - 260 points

BAP Individual (Scores only)
              1st - 176 (Cpl form 15Bn), 2nd - 168 (CS from 15Bn) & 3rd - 160 (Sgt from 15Bn)

Falling plates
              Semi Final 1 13Bn Vs 17Bn - 13Bn won 2 legs to nil
              Semi Final 2 3Cav Vs 19Bn - 3Cav won 2legs to 1
              3rd & 4th place shoot off 19Bn Vs 17Bn - 19Bn won 2 legs to nil
              Final 13Bn Vs 3Cav - leg1 3cav win with a time of 20.67 seconds, leg2 13Bn won in a time of 22.98 seconds (although most of our time keepers said 21.75seconds) and leg3 3cav won in a time of 21.37 seconds by a hares breath.
              WE WILL RETURN MARK MY WORDS THE PLATES ARE OUR NEXT YEAR
              Well done to all concerned and those who put up and down the tents, did security and cooked and anyone who helped out it was my 1st all army and hopefully not my last

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14

Comment

and in case I froget 1 Southern Brigade won the combined weapons with a score of 1802 (I think):flagwave: :flagwave:

Comment

now where are those dubs..I didnt see any dub unit mentioned in the prizes there...

Comment

Well done to all in the competitions today. Especially the guys on the Lmg team.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the 23rd inf in the Rifle team comp. We were regulars in it when I were a lad.

Again well done to all, hope to be there next year in some form once I get out of recruitship:D
                    Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

The problem with 23rd team is they got old. I hear their priority is the orienteering,the same 2 have been on the LMG team since the 80s,and all range time goes to them. No new shots are being encouraged,as the range days clash with orienteering meets.

Comment

It has changed a lot so. Orienteering was only a new thing when I was in Cork. Ran one or two myself but was too unfit.

Admittedly in 96 myself and one other pte were the new guys on the Rifle team, we were only really competing against each other as the older guys were well established.

That year the 23rd won 1st and 2nd (None of which were me) individual but unfortunatly the team was placed well down the table. Spent way too long in the Silken Thomas the night before!! Sad really.

Tough luck on them though, Ive got another unit to put my skills to use with.

Does anyone know if any of the well established older teams had any difficulty when we changed over to the Steyr. Are the Plates and Rifle teams still full of the old sweats or is there younger blood taking over?
                        Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

said it in the general section and il say it here i told youse the 24th would win the rifle:p

Comment

In the plates we had three old sweats and three new guys who had never run plates before.There first outing was in the brigade which we won and their second outing was as all army winners.fair achievement for a group of youngsters who were sitting their leaving cert.They have become old sweats over night. i know I've said it before but I think its time the old sweats should hand over to the young fellas.
                            The ghosts of last year have been laid to rest so I'm happy to hand over the workload to the younger guys ....rifle teams are more genteel and it may be time to try my hand at that.falling plates is to much hard work!

Comment

did i not here in the 3rd bet the 20th with a time of 36seconds after using their 2nd mag on sat how did they win with that piss poor performance?
                              fair play to them though.I heard the 13th were shit hot?

Comment

Working...
                              X