Activity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activity.

how prepared or how active is your unit ...looking at the results of the shooting it seems that some units rarely see out side of the training centres.Some of the guys in my unit may as well re enlist for the time we give....does any body feel the same? by the time the southern brigade pso is finished has finished in JUly I will ahve given 5 weeks full time service... there went my holidays for 2003........I love giving the time but the wife is a bit pissed off that I can't have a family holiday...I know that the situation needs reform but how?
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

ditch the wife..........................
    Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Legislation should be brought in for special RDF leave for all people employed in the country, I know some state companies give special RDF leave but this is no good for the majority of people who work for non-state companies. 10 days annual leave does for one camp so I only do one camp a year this leaves 11 days for holidays and christmas. I love giving my time to the RDF but the RDF does not earn me a living so my career takes priority, I'm sure many people are in the same boat.

Comment

If they bring in legislation that will make us unemployable unless they are will to give tax breaks to employeers for employing us.
        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

The original idea was to allow the employer to not have to pay his portion of PRSI for each reservist employed don't know what became of this idea....

as for ditch the wife.....far too expensive...she'll have to leave of her own accord
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The idea of an employer not having to pay his portion of the prsi is a good idea but I could really see problems with it with us being needed for exercises in the summer and others wanting to take holidays the at the same time then theirs going to be a clash and you will have a lot of enemies in the work place
            Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
            http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Most companies are more interested in having their employees available than paying less tax.
              I myself am the only person with my (rare) skill in my department, so they can't miss me even at the best of times.
              I know for a fact that if there was legislation allowing me to be released for RDF duties, they would never have employed me. They would have simply got someone else who has this skill and told me to sod off,.. tax break or not.

Comment

Your employer pays between 8.5% and 10.75% of your wages in employers prsi contributions, on top of what you are paid. a 10% reduction in costs, even for one person will not be sniffed at by any sensible employer, not everyone who works in "invaulable" to their company and most,but not all, rdf members shouldnt have any problems. It does depend on the length of time that the employer has to release you for and if they have to pay you while you are on extended rdf leave, i can assure you that IBEC/SFA/ISME will make sure that RDF members will not be paid by their emplyer while on extend RDF training.
                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Well I very nearly could not get off this year for camp in July. I was even was prepared to go on unpaid leave, but money was not the issue.
                  They had nobody else.
                  In the end a deal got worked out with someone else, but even that is not concrete.

But yea Big Al, you are right in most cases

Comment

Working...
                  X