Shooting Skills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Skills?

Now that RDF and PDF use a common individual weapon, how do scores on the range compare between the two?

Are standards for marksman's badges the same?

Is there a place now for a combined PDF/RDF All Army?

i think there still is a difference. but could you imagine a combined pdf/rdf competition, especially if the rdf won. there would be uproar besides it prob would be too much hassle to do anyway.

Comment

It would be great if there was such a compitition and the RDF did win. They could never call us sandbaggers again!!!

Comment

there is no difference in the scores required to qualify for marksman. Interservice shooting is a long way off. Don't be to quick to assume that the PDF would be runners up.Prior to any competion they can practise indefinetly where the RDF are time constricted.
        The falling plates times would be similar but again remeber that the training available and the talent pool is far greater than any reserve unit could hope to achieve.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

What qualification table do you use? The US Army uses a computerized pop up system range. Where you engage 20 targets from a foxhole position at 50m out to 300m. Then engage another 20 from the prone unsupported. The US Marines qualify on a known distance course. Shooting paper from 200, 300, and 500 yards. Shooting from the sitting, kneeling, standing(offhand) and prone.

Comment

with a rifle or a nuclear bomb, or do you just call in a airstike on the range. only messing. Great to see member of the US military on the board
            hurry up and wait, are you back yet

Comment

I don't know if this is the official way of doing it but we have always done it prone, kneeling, and standing, ll of these are used during different range practices like siloettes and snapshots ect. and it is all done at 100, 200 and 300 (not sure if its meters or yards)

Comment

It depends on the weapon of course. I notice that the 600m firing point is back in use recently,but not sure for what..
                Normally for the Steyr,zeroing is done at the 100 or 200.
                Practices begin at the 200prone(timed),and a fleeting snap Kneeling,Moving back to the 300 for another prone,a rapid fired from a trench and another snap..or am I mixing it up with the FN?
                Forget it..I am..there used to be a movinfg practice with the FN also..great fun..start at 325m,run 25m,fire 3 shots pronemove to 225,run to 200 fire 3 shots kneeling,move to 125(or usually 150) run to 100 fire 3 shots standing ...all at a 4 foot target.
                Many a breakfast saw the light of day on the 100 yard firing point..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Sounds like a smoker!

Comment

Just back from a range practise today.

Starts with two zeroing practises from 100metres
                    One application
                    One snap standing
                    one snap kneeling and afleeting

Back to two hundred

application prone
                    sanp prone
                    snap kneeling fleetong knelling
                    rapid.....10 ronds at twenty five second exposure

back to three hundred
                    application prone

twenty yard run threerounds ....move to two hundred run from twenty yards three rounds kneeling from two hundred......move to 100 run from twenty yards tree rounds standing.

note the amount of zeroing practises may increase depending on the proficiency of the recruits.

that looks about right ..I think

I am not a communist not even left wing...but I can shoot!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

That sounds like a Recriut shoot to me,but has most of whats involved in a normal ARP.
                      Live long and prosper!

Comment

Yeah it was a recruit shoot pure and simple.Can't remember what the trained personnel shoot is ....seeing as I spent most of my time shooting at plates.Our ARP were so long ago!:

Comment

Working...
                        X