Army 'Trade Plates' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army 'Trade Plates' ?

Ok, I know the DF's don't have to display any plates on their vehicles, but they have done so for many years now.

My question is...

Do the Army have any form of 'Trade Plate' which they can use on test vehicles - like the URO Jeeps on test recently ?

I recall reading that the British Army have temporary/trade plates for test purposes.
    (I'm aware that the BA have their own vehicle registration system)
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

the unit plates that where stuck on the bumper are gone. there is a sticker in the window instead of tax/insurance discs displaying the "FF" and unit sign. this is cause of money saving. All our vehicle had the bumper signs and were replaced with the stickers in the window. if your question was for reg numbers, all militery vehicle are registered as government vehicles at the start..... so if you but=y an ex-DF vehicle you might get away with tax for a while before the tax man catches up with you!!!!

Comment

The question was are vehicles being tested by the DF registered to the DF or do they have a form of "trade plate" like civvy garages do?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
        The question was are vehicles being tested by the DF registered to the DF or do they have a form of "trade plate" like civvy garages do?
        Correct - that is my question.
        I recall seeing the Piranha on test and all it had was the reg no 'PIR III' on the front of it.
        The first thought I had was "How come it has an old Offaly reg?" (i.e. 'IR' = Offaly), then I rightly worked out that it was merely a reference to it's 'model number' (i.e. Piranha III) and not a reg number.

Perhaps in the past 'Trade Plates' would not be of much use for the Army seeing as so few vehicles were tested/purchased, but nowadays perhaps each Brigade area should be issued with a couple of sets of regular Trade Plates each year (with 'Defence Forces' on them where the county name usually is)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Silver; 12 November 2006, 19:44.
        IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Working...
        X