Recruiting 70's Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting 70's Style

Some will recognise faces...one here will have a little giggle..

But it was a Life Less Ordinary...70's style...
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

the last two pages..enjoy....yeah i know theres an overlap of a page..but its worth it...
    Last edited by hptmurphy; 30 November 2006, 23:41.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

yvan eht nioj.....

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        Some will recognise faces...one here will have a little giggle..

But it was a Life Less Ordinary...70's style...
        Hey thats early in the Deirdre's first year. the minichef and a few rogues
        As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

They boast about setanta but no photos of her rotting away in the basin..She would have left the base for the second last time around then....1978/1979.

There was another about shortly after that had a photo of what the P30 ships were supposed to look like.
          The drawing looked nothing like Eithne. Now that would be worth seeing again...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Good Stuff
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Believe it or not I can name a lot of guys in this booklet.Pity Laners hasn't been around recently I reckon he could name them all. The A/Sea Diver on the cover is now serving CPO DSM.. The year of release is sometime after Emer was comissioned but before Aoife was launched..so about '78 or '79 would be a good guess.

Comment

Jesus Murph are you cleaning out your attic - most of the heads are gone??
                well done//

Comment

The hairdos in a few of the pics are a gieaway as to the era alright

Where the hell did ya dig these up from, Murph???
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I actually found it while I was recruit in 1985 in a store room we were cleaning out. I kept it with a lot of other things for years..letters photos etc. Have had it around for ages and was always considering posting it but never seem to got around to it....just did it last night as I thought it would be nice to share..gad its being enjoyed..I wonder are there any other types of this material available.

Comment

It seems so much less sophisticated than recruitment brochures we have today- be it for the Defence Forces or the private sector. I remember seeing a poster for either the Defence Forces or the British Army which simply said "Join The Army- It's A Man's Life" underneath a picture of a helicopter and a soldier on the foreground.

How successful was that particular campaign?

Do you have the recruitment literature for when you joined up hpt?
                      "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

I have some similar vintage posters. I must scan them...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

No I don't..I was part of a 110 man recruitment program..there were no recruitment drives..at the time we were on a two year waiting list and some of us just moved up the ladder by use of contacts to get in. I was interviewed in waterford..there were about 40 guys done the same day...6 of us got in..4 were serving A/Bs with 3 Coy SM at the time..one guy got binned after two days for breaking his ankle in a basket ball game......

one of the 5 remaining went off as cabin crew with an airline...two still serving.and one became a prison officer..and then theres me....

Comment

I have some army brochures from the early nineties and a pretty decent book (with a picture of a sgt in ods with a gpmg on the cover) , I'll see if I cant dig up the booklets when I get back.
                            When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
                            All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

quote steamy window
                              I remember seeing a poster for either the Defence Forces or the British Army which simply said "Join The Army- It's A Man's Life" underneath a picture of a helicopter and a soldier on the foreground.

How successful was that particular campaign?
                              It must have had some sucess.I was one of thousends who joined up in 1975 ,around the time that recruitment poster was around .Would love to see it again.

quote goldie fish -I have some similar vintage posters. I must scan them...

please do !

Comment

Working...
                              X