My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fitness Logs.

Hi guys, Don't know if this is the place to put it but I want to post a fitness log somewhere in the hope of getting encouragement adn motivation given I am an extremely unmotivated person.

The way I am gonna do this is I am gonna post my logs for, Running, and general exercise, the Training program I am using is roughly the Royal Marines one, well the one on the website.

I will post in the format of

Run
    Distance -
    Time -
    Details-
    *link to route taken, shown on MapMyRun*

Circuits
    Push-ups: Set 1, Set 2, Set 3.
    Tricep-dips: Set 1, Set 2, Set 3.
    etc...

I will not be running every day, and I will not be doing circuits every day, but I will be doing one of them everyday at least. Sometime both.

I am gonna start with back when I got back into training last monday.

Monday - 12 January 2009

Run
    Distance - 2.6 miles
    Time - 29.15 mins
    Details - This was my first run in over a month I had put on around 2 stone since 3 weeks before Christmas, and I realised just out of shape I was, had to run, then walk, run, walk, many times on Monday, very disconcerting and I wanted to just give up then.
    Link - http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/299080166361

Tuesday - 13 January 2009
    Run
    Distance - 2.6 miles
    Time - 27.45 mins
    Details - Much the same as the last time, shorter more brik walks when needed, kept going though felt good. Same route.

Gym
    Went to the Gym with a friend, was checking it out to see if I would join, built a good sweat, and kept going, but I don't really like Weight's machines, they are very annoying, so I don't think I will go regularily and I will just stick with Runs and circuits.

Wednesday - 14 January 2009

Originally planned for this to be a rest day, but decided to do circuits late in the day. I can't remember all I did, but I will put roughly what I did. I realised that day I had lost alot of upper body strength as well.

Circuits
    Push-ups: 15, 13, 10.
    Squats: 20, 25, 20.
    Lunges: 20, 25, 20.
    Situps: 25, 20, 18.
    Knees to chest: 15, 12, 12.
    Half-sits: 15, 13, 13.
    Tricep dips: 20, 23, 20.
    *note: I did more things but I can't remember what, will keep notes in future.*

Friday - 16 January 2009

Run
    Distance: 2.6 miles
    Time: 26.15 mins
    Details: I was quite happy with this run, went as long as I could before walking a bit, and continuing, Still, I knew I wanted it less. It was also lashing raining and I was soaked through before I even started my warmup, I was highly surprized with my time. Same Route.

Saturday - 17 January 2009

Run
    Distance: 2.6 miles.
    Time: 24.09
    Details: I was happy as Larry with this, I still want the time reduced alot further, but I feel I really pushed through a pain barrier today, even if only because I needed a shite!!! I did the route backwards because I needed to get water, so in fairness it was easier than normal because I ran over the Humpback bridge near where the end of my route usually is, so the bridge was at the start, possibly accounting for the extra 2 mins off. but I was still happy with it, I walked alot less today I think, I am aiming to cut another minute off tomorrow.
    Link - http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/299080166361 *route Taken Backwards*

I may do some circuits today, I have yet to decide, If I do I will edit this post.

If anyone has any tips, advice, motivation, or anything to say, please do!!! I could definitely use some objective criticism.

Thanks for reading, or not reading, I just need to keep a log somewhere!!!
    Gav.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

fair play man, everyone has to start some-where, keep up the good work.
    now must find that motivation that I need, hmm.
    good stuff out of you
    courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Sunday - 18 January 2009

Run
      Time: 22.47 mins
      Details: I was dead happy with this time today, I was after a large feed of drink last night so I though I wouldn't be able to keep going very long, but this has definitely been my best run since I started. Not just timewise, but I also just kept going, kept running, I only walked 4 or 5 times, and never walked more than 50 Meters. I can feel myself getting fitter, and my body is developing a rythym for Sleeping and pooping. I have possibly developed a small injury in my Shin, but tomorrow is a rest day anyway so I should be good to go on Tuesday.
      Link - http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/299080166361 *route Taken Backwards*

Comment

Well done Dazzler. Could do with getting fit myself. Fair play for putting yourself out there AND having the balls to post your progress here.
        Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Dazz you might be getting shin splints,, get proper running runners and trainin socks,,lad fair play to ya keep it up,,as del boy said this time next year ..... go for it

Comment

Thanks lads, BTW, if anyone has any recommendations for good running shoes could ye post them. I am in dire need of a new pair as the ones I am using are 7/8 months old.

Comment

If you find you have to walk/run do, it will actually help with fitness, I think it called interval training - it will help with speed (same with jogging/sprinting).

Since the week before Christmas I've been been a run around the block (2.06 miles according to mapmyrun) 2/3 times a week. There are 2 long & steep hills involved and it brillant to see the times coming down (even 10-15 seconds). I've had 1 takeaway in 3 weeks (usually once a week), haven't had a drink since New Years morning (usually a fair bit more than that) and am eating more fruit instead of sh*te.

We are starting weekly circuit training with RDF in a couple of weeks.

Make sure you build in rest days!

I've also purchased a TENS/EMS/Massage machine (Lidl €30, Tesco is also doing one) GOOD INVESTMENT - great for the aches & pains!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
              Last edited by DeV; 18 January 2009, 19:07.

Comment

Can defo reccommend

http://www.johnbuckleysports.com

Opposite the Opera house.
                Got my last pair there, great service off himself.
                Nike Air Pegasus, still knocking the shite out of them 2 years.
                May not suit all, that why himself has a look at the arches and foot shape
                €100, but as my mammy says put your money into your matress and your shoes, your either in one or the the other!
                Beyond the Leap, beyond the law!

Comment

Hi-Tec Silver Shadow - the classic running shoe

€30 on e-bay, save yourself a fortune
                  "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Good on ya Dazzler!

Comment

Thanks for the support lads.

I am just gonna post some of my goals here so I can see if I can attain them, and the added pressure for people on here knowing me, may help, given that I do my best Work under Pressure.

1 Week - I want to be to run my route without stopping, in 20 mins or less,
                      2 Weeks - Same but in 18 mins.
                      3 Weeks - Complete 4 miles in 45 mins or less, some walking allowed if necessary.
                      6 Weeks - 4 miles, No stopping 32 mins or less.

I have decided to belay the Circuit training for 2 weeks, until I can get my Running set in at 18 mins for 2.6 miles.

Today I have nothing to Post really, as it is a deserved rest-day. Back on tomorrow, gonna try my best to make it halfway without walking. I am aiming for 22 mins.

Thanks for the suggestions lads, I will be getting a new pair of running shoes during the week.

I have blisters from running already, but I think they will callouse over soon enough.

Thanks,
                      Gav.

Comment

Tuesday - 20 January 2009

Run
                        Time: 22.42 mins
                        Details: This run was the smallest time gap since I started this log, but I can attribute that to Very slick Ice on my path, I have no doubt I would have gone faster if it were not for the Ice. I only walked 4 times for with the total walking distance being no more than 100 meters. I did not attain my goal of going halfway without stopping, but if it weren't for the Ice I would have as I was forced to walk the humpback bridge near the start of the run. I am not entirely happy with todays run, but I know where I went wrong, I went much to early in the morning. Tomorrow I am going to wait until around 12 o Clock.

Thanks lads

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                          Tuesday - 20 January 2009

Run
                          Time: 22.42 mins
                          Details: This run was the smallest time gap since I started this log, but I can attribute that to Very slick Ice on my path, I have no doubt I would have gone faster if it were not for the Ice. I only walked 4 times for with the total walking distance being no more than 100 meters. I did not attain my goal of going halfway without stopping, but if it weren't for the Ice I would have as I was forced to walk the humpback bridge near the start of the run. I am not entirely happy with todays run, but I know where I went wrong, I went much to early in the morning. Tomorrow I am going to wait until around 12 o Clock.

Thanks lads
                          Nice one Dazzler, keep it up.

Now that my convalescence is at an end, I'm back pounding the pavements any day now
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I'm still recovering from a Flu contracted just before christmas. Next week I'll be back in the gym.

Honest.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

This thread is dangerous.

It made me feel bad and go for a run yesterday and I did a very silly thing. I picked a 1.85 mile run in the howling wind and rain with a 160 foot climb. The ascent went into the 10% range.

However, my breath tasted of blood afterwards. How painful. Never again.... *heads back to a nice indoor flat treadmil*
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                              Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                              Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                              Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Working...
                              X