Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.Sounds Good
    Last edited by Prolatarian; 12 September 2007, 21:01.
    Success is not enough
    Others must fail

Comment

Originally posted by Llorrac View Post
      Just kept the cadre sweet :wink:
      And hence the source of a lot of the roadblocks to getting anything done....
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Prolatarian View Post
        Attachment?
        army speak for working with of for another unit but still art of your own unit. Common practice for camp and courses.
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Thanks.
          Success is not enough
          Others must fail

Comment

Hi all, Im a sgt in the ADR with about 10 years unbroken service living in the east cork area. Thinking of a transfer to a cav or other corps unit in the area.A change is as good as a rest so they say!! Met a few cav lads on bere during the summer. Any idea where to go or how to do it?
            Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Might not be too easy transfer at same rank if there is no vacancy you may have to drop a rank,but check it out.

Comment

Its impossible to transfer to Cav in the south as a Sgt at the moment. Some of us who did are in limbo, on detachment. Others are attached to BTC, but parading with(and for all intents and purposes) a part of 31 Cav.
                They won't let you drop a rank either for some reason. I'm not gonna say they'd welcome you with open arms, as I am not in a position to speak for the unit. Best bet is give Clonmel a call.

But the way things are going with non integrated reserve, I'd stay where I was if I were you.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  They won't let you drop a rank either for some reason.
                  Is that a cav or local rule?

We have had on or two sgts transfer in and the dropped to cpl due to no sgt vacancy.
                  Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                    Is that a cav or local rule?

We have had on or two sgts transfer in and the dropped to cpl due to no sgt vacancy.
                    It's in R5 that a demotion may be required when doing an inter Corps transfer,
                    subject to vacancies being available in the receiving unit
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Para 20 (2) - R5 New Series
                      A non commissioned officer who applies to be reassigned from one Service Corps of the Army Reserve to another or from the Army Reserve to the Naval Service Reserve and consents to a reduction in rank asa condition of reassignment-

a) may be reduced by the OIC Records & Data Managmenet to such lower non-commissioned rank, corresponding to a non-commissioned rank in which there is a vacancy in the Establishements, as the OIC Records & Data Management may determine, and

b) shall, unless they have passed all the qualify tests laid down for the non-commisioned rank corresponding to his non-commissioned army rank and there is a vacancy in the Establishements in such non-commissioned rank, be reduced-
                      i) to the non commissioned army rank corresponding to a non commissioned naval rank for which they have passed all the qualifiying tests and in which there is a vacancy in the Establishments of the Naval Service Reserve;
                      ii) if they have not passed the qulifying tests for the rank of Leading Seaman in Naval Service Reserve to the rank of Private.

3) Where a non-commissioned officer is transferred from one service corps to another at their own request they may be reduced to the next lower non-commissioned army rank by the General Officer Commanding the Brigade.

Clear as mud

Comment

• Go on attachment... it's simpler.

Although if you want to be a Sgt. there are vacancies across the land.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                          Take that Glengarry off so. You are not worthy to wear it.
                          Just like your pip then.
                          Last edited by Goldie fish; 24 September 2007, 22:39.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                            Just like your pip then.
                            Meow. Saucer of milk for Goldie's table....

Comment

• no no lads, not looking for a pip ar even a rusty sherrifs badge above my stripes.just looking for a change from adr. iv a full bike+car licence if that would help the cav angle. might try parading but the parent unit would be liable to get shitty and take it as a snub which in these small corps sub units is always the way
                              Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Working...
                              X