GPMG Conversion for RDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPMG Conversion for RDF

62 Bn, during the last months of 2006, ran a GPMG Course for all ranks, with a Weekend Range in Kilbride last month to fire those who qualified, 5 photos shown here, depicting the course from the early days in the classroom, to firing on the range and to the cleaning after firing session.
    Attached Files

Now thats a lot of GPMG's
    Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

I see me...wooo
      Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
        Now thats a lot of GPMG's
        and steyr..

Comment

and some protac webbing for the laugh too
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin_ie View Post
            and some protac webbing for the laugh too
            Alot of recruits have been buying it, dont know why.

Comment

ah well, they will learn when it falls apart on them....and it will fall apart...seen it happen at least 3 times with different sets at this stage
              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                I wonder at the hygenics of cleaning weapons in a billet.
                Fabrique National assures us that the GPMG does not carry any contagious diseases.
                sigpic
                Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                My favourite moment was when the
                Originally posted by hedgehog
                red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Looks good.

Now of only my unit had some bloody GPMGs to train on...
                  I saw Elvis. He sat between me and bigfoot on the UFO.

Comment

Looks like that unit is hogging them all.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

eh GPMGs......same as MAG 80s....part from plastic bits.....reserve cav have being doing it for a while now..apart from a short time time with AA52s

A while sorry did I not quantify that as in twenty years.....First AML 60s went to cavalry squadrons in 1982..sorry probably prior to conception of some memeers.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

What ever happenend to picking a big f***** ang giving him a crash course 10 mins prior to going on the ground?

"You'll learn in the heat of battle" I've heard that phrase a few times!
                        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                          I wonder at the hygenics of cleaning weapons in a billet.
                          Keep wondering. Better there than cleaning the weapons in the rain on that near 45 degree slope outside. Wouldn't you say? You're not obviously familiar with the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin_ie View Post
                            ah well, they will learn when it falls apart on them....and it will fall apart...seen it happen at least 3 times with different sets at this stage
                            I've had a very good set of Protac webbing the last three years, and it hasn't fallen apart. It's seen a lot of service and hard wear and tear and has never failed me.

I never use my set of the issued stuff these days. I have had one or two PLCE pouches fall to bits on me through no fault of my own.

As for cleaning weapons in the billets, if you knew that paricular camp well you'd know that there's no where else to do it, apart from outside. And as that photo was obviously was taken at night, cleaning outside would not be possible / advisable.

Comment

I remember back in the last century we were taught that the parts of the weapon are laid out in order so you can find them easily when cleaning them at night.

I saw a truck in a photo, what was wrong with the back of that?

I first fired the MAG (Ground) in 2001(I was infantry back then). Artillery have been using it for years before, so much so that when it came to cleaning, they were volunteered to show us how its done.

It strikes me that the East are behind the south in many regards, but think they are the first to be doing things(exercises with the PDF, training on the MAG etc)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X