Thanks Thanks:  276
Likes Likes:  569
Dislikes Dislikes:  16
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 1,176 to 1,183 of 1183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylion View Post
    Yes, But I also suggested, not buying the 295s. And what will happen with singe engine birds is that they will be unusable due not being able to fly over water. 15M€ straight down the drain.
    Which in an Irish context means that the 295 can do maritime patrols and heavier transport tasks while the easier andcheaper to own, operate and maintain PC12 can do the ATCP, army support (home and overseas), utility etc

Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylion View Post
    And what will happen with singe engine birds is that they will be unusable due not being able to fly over water. 15M€ straight down the drain.
    The PC-12 is SEIFR certified in the US, CAN, NZ and Australia for over-water operations. They fly over water on numerous scheduled flights and by the Australian Royal Flying Doctor Service on Medvac flights. The RFDS have even flown trans-tasman in PC-12's. There has only been one ditching in 6 million service hours of the PC-12 in service back in 2001 in the Sea of Okhotsk. All survived.

3. Thanks DeV, Turkey, Tempest, meridian, restless, na grohmití, Spark23 thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, Sparky42, Turkey, meridian, Herald, Spark23 liked this post
    Dislikes Jetjock disliked this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what. So is every other turbine single, since they made the first one. The engine doesn't know it's over water but as C252 will tell you, the OEI performance is a bit of an attention getter. The Air Corps used to do a lot of single engine over water/over rough terrain in the Alouette until they had their fill of scares and near misses. It really doesn't matter if it's a PC -12 or a Caravan or any other hull, the PT6 is the common denominator and while it is infinitely reliable, having only one increases the odds of a prang and the last thing the Don wants is to lose an aircraft over water or rough terrain because it's only engine fails to a bird strike or icing or an exceedance.

5. Thanks Charlie252 thanked for this post
    Likes ropebag, Jetjock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzac View Post
    The PC-12 is SEIFR certified in the US, CAN, NZ and Australia for over-water operations. They fly over water on numerous scheduled flights and by the Australian Royal Flying Doctor Service on Medvac flights. The RFDS have even flown trans-tasman in PC-12's. There has only been one ditching in 6 million service hours of the PC-12 in service back in 2001 in the Sea of Okhotsk. All survived.
    I am absolutely willing to put up with a bit of "we know better than you silly Paddys " from some quarters, but anyone who is a choirboy for an aircraft that should never be deemed suitable for operation away from any landmass raises suspicions of the timing of their arrival here on IMO.
    Bear in mind that 5999999 of those supposed 6m hours were accomplished by sensible operators that didn't go near a coastline with their aircraft or their pax in that timeframe.
    Last edited by Jetjock; 4th October 2017 at 01:05.

7. Thanks Graylion thanked for this post
    Likes Charlie252, ropebag liked this post
    Dislikes Anzac disliked this post
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which one? The one who joined in April promoting the PC12?
    Or those promoting the Avanti....
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

9. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah lads, play the ball not the man, put the tin foil hats away.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

11. Likes meridian liked this post
    Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjock View Post
    I am absolutely willing to put up with a bit of "we know better than you silly Paddys " from some quarters, but anyone who is a choirboy for an aircraft that should never be deemed suitable for operation away from any landmass raises suspicions of the timing of their arrival here on IMO.
    Bear in mind that 5999999 of those supposed 6m hours were accomplished by sensible operators that didn't go near a coastline with their aircraft or their pax in that timeframe.
    If you thought for one minute that I have expressed such an attitude as been anti-irish and anti the air corps you are well mistaken. Neither am I promoting the PC-12 or work for Pilatus if you are inferring that. I have just pointing out one or two facts on the aircraft and not once have been disrespectful.

The RFDS and Sounds Air are indeed sensible operators.

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Handbags down ladies....
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

14. Likes Graylion liked this post

Thread Information