Thanks Thanks:  331
Likes Likes:  669
Dislikes Dislikes:  21
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,251 to 1,264 of 1264
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said that AC helicopters have done air ambulance to the UK in the past and that's a fact. I know they can't fly in conditions of known icing (FIKI). There have been occasions when the Casas and Learjet were unavailable and injured punters were airlifted directly to the UK, in the 139. I wouldn't care for it myself but needs must...

Post Thanks / Like
    With regard to air ambulance work, have a look at the air ambulance thread.

3. Thanks GoneToTheCanner thanked for this post
    Likes GoneToTheCanner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the award notice there were 2 tenders received

Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few interesting nuggets floating around the internet about the PC12; first, a more complete listing of the RFT specs in the one post which DeV provided extracts of in earlier posts

* http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?p=886418

Looks like our French neighbours are interested in the PC12 aswell, as a replacement/supplement to rotary winged ops, for ISTAR type ops where landing by heli isn't required, and to stand in for heli capabilities that aren't available due to maintenance or insufficient numbers

* http://www.janes.com/article/77501/f...ter-operations
    * And a translated French article:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...%2F&edit-text=

There's even a note that they're interested in hanging Hellfire type missiles from it... (Grenade tossed, runs for cover )

6. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, na grohmití, Tempest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    A few interesting nuggets floating around the internet about the PC12; first, a more complete listing of the RFT specs in the one post which DeV provided extracts of in earlier posts

* http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?p=886418

Looks like our French neighbours are interested in the PC12 aswell, as a replacement/supplement to rotary winged ops, for ISTAR type ops where landing by heli isn't required, and to stand in for heli capabilities that aren't available due to maintenance or insufficient numbers

* http://www.janes.com/article/77501/f...ter-operations
    * And a translated French article:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...%2F&edit-text=

There's even a note that they're interested in hanging Hellfire type missiles from it... (Grenade tossed, runs for cover )
    Thatís a screenshot of the specs (which was where I got them)

2/Lt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit of a difference in spec and price:
    The possible foreign military sale (FMS) of four King Air 350ER Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft has been cleared by the Trump administration to the government of Kuwait. An announcement posted external link by the US State Departmentís Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) estimate the sale at $259 million, with the package to include enhanced PT6A-67A engines, AN/AAQ-35 WESCAM MX-15HDi Electro-Optical & Infrared Imaging Sensor Turrets, Selex Seaspray 7500E Active Electronically Scanned Array Radars (AESA), AN/AAR-47 Missile Warning Systems (MWS), AN/ALE-47 Countermeasure Dispenser Systems, as well as other systems, training and support. Furthermore, one of the four aircraft will be further modified to accommodate VIP/senior leadership personnel for transport and Med Evac capability or command and control,and other related elements of logistical support. Sierra Nevada Corp will act as lead contractor on the sale.

9. Thanks DeV, na grohmití thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, Tempest liked this post
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky42 View Post
    Bit of a difference in spec and price:
    gold plated option for an oil rich country. The RAF shadows would appear to be cheaper, but this is also not total program cost. I must admit that I did not expect this to be that high. We could probably push it down a bit by making smart choices

Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Junior Minister for State and DF COS visited Pilatus earlier this week. Nice photo of the PC-12 production line.

German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

12. Thanks sofa, DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Kehoe hasn't a clue, he's just a mouthpiece; Mellett is a sailor by trade and not an aviator; O'Connor is the only one with actual experience of aviation apart from the Swiss heads, so it's one out of three...

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is keyhole trying to copy the CoS body language? Hands on hips pelvic thrust stance, and the only two with hands in front pregnant duck stance?

. In each instance the person takes the Hands-on-Hips pose and this is a universal gesture used to communicate that a person is ready for assertive action. ... Also known as the 'readiness' gesture, that is, the person is ready for assertive action, its basic meaning carries a subtly aggressive attitude everywhere.
    . Hands in front When a person does this gesture, they are exercising some sort of 'self-restraint'. They are symbolically 'clenching' themselves back and withholding a negative reaction, usually anxiety or frustration. The higher the person clenches his hands whilst standing, the more negative he is feeling.
    Last edited by TangoSierra; 14th April 2018 at 09:55.

15. Likes na grohmití liked this post
    Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its just a jump to the left.....
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

17. Likes sofa liked this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://cessna.txtav.com/en/turboprop/skycourier

I understand the BN Defender has done around 20 years IAC service now. If a light utility high wing twin replacement is required the proposed Cessna 408 Skycourier has a lot going for it.

USD$5.5m with 100 ordered by FedEx to start delivery in 2020. As part of the Textron stable no doubt special missions packages will become available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzac View Post
    http://cessna.txtav.com/en/turboprop/skycourier

I understand the BN Defender has done around 20 years IAC service now. If a light utility high wing twin replacement is required the proposed Cessna 408 Skycourier has a lot going for it.

USD$5.5m with 100 ordered by FedEx to start delivery in 2020. As part of the Textron stable no doubt special missions packages will become available.
    The AC PC12 contract included an option which would replace the Defender

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmitŪ View Post
    Its just a jump to the left.....
    And then a step to the right....

(I see what you did there! :-). )

21. Likes na grohmití, Sparky42, sofa liked this post

Thread Information