No announcement yet.

Cessna Replacement - The Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long ago did we call It? It was a certainty once the full tender was released.

Comment

• yep, a coronation, not a competition.

Comment

• excellent

Comment

• Exciting day for @IrishAirCorps delighted to sign €32m contract for three new fixed wing utility aircraft. Government will continue investment in @defenceforces in 2018.

Comment

• So it looks like it is the full PC12NG Spectre with a support package for the €32m.

Very interesting tail number 333

Comment

• 5m per airframe, so 15m, leaves 17m for fit outs.
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                5m per airframe, so 15m, leaves 17m for fit outs.
                €32m also includes spares, training and ground equipment

Comment

• We could have got a fourth one with the money RTE wasted in the high court today..

Comment

• Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
                    So it looks like it is the full PC12NG Spectre with a support package for the €32m.

Very interesting tail number 333
                    Not unless we get about 40 more aircraft in the meantime. I think we are still in the 270s.
                    Great news, finally bringing the Air Corps 100% in to the turbine age.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                      Not unless we get about 40 more aircraft in the meantime. I think we are still in the 270s.
                      Great news, finally bringing the Air Corps 100% in to the turbine age.
                      Weren't numbers 290-329 used for the F-18E's in Abbeyshr.......

*connection lost*

Comment

• The media's take on it.
                        The Air Corps is being supplied with new aircraft, which will provide a generational boost to its capabilities to operate more closely with the Army and the Naval Service and act as "an eye in the sky".
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Everyone knows there was never any Irish F-18 squadron based in that place and there is no point in anyone going there to check out the state of the art hangars that were built there to house them either.
                          Because they arent there, and never were and there is no point in visiting the Airbase. And definitely not in a helicopter....or you will be shot down while attempting to land.

Comment

• Hate to say I told you do, I feel an opportunity was lost here, but at least it's done..
                            "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                            Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                            Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• I wish them the best of luck with the new aircraft....now let's see what happens the 172s (a) scrapped (b) sold to Irish taxpayers (c) sold abroad?

Comment

• I know you are best qualified to answer here if i am inorrect but is it true that years of target towing did serious damage to the Cessna airframe? That this put an end to their use as parachute ferry craft and will seriously restrict their post military use sale without a total rebuild?

Comment

Working...
                                X