No announcement yet.

Cessna Replacement - The Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't go piston - it's so last century. Seriously, the reliability and maintenance are not good and I'd really not care to fly a piston aircraft over the North Atlantic. Neither a single engine turboprop

Comment

• Originally posted by Graylion View Post
      don't go piston - it's so last century. Seriously, the reliability and maintenance are not good and I'd really not care to fly a piston aircraft over the North Atlantic. Neither a single engine turboprop
      BN Defender is a turboprop. (RR Allison)
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• The only piston engined aircraft the Don will keep will be the museum aircraft....crews hate the Defender because it's slow, narrow and noisy within. It's also only built to special order. It is not in volume production so spares are expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graylion View Post
          don't go piston - it's so last century. Seriously, the reliability and maintenance are not good and I'd really not care to fly a piston aircraft over the North Atlantic. Neither a single engine turboprop
          what do you normally fly?

Comment

• Originally posted by restless View Post
            what do you normally fly?
            Kites?

Comment

• I wouldn't bet against a twin engine a/c being a requirement

Comment

• From what I've heard recently, do not be surprised if it's a single turbo; while I prefer the Kingair, if I were a betting man, I'd be putting money on the PC-12...
                "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• I think GTTC may have made the point very well earlier - with this level of procrastination what are all the new young pilots going to fly and they are being recruited in significant numbers too? The fixed wing side of the Air Corps has been significantly reduced over the years either unintentionally or deliberately which I suspect is the case.

If the DOD are going to replace the Cessna fleet as per the WP then for Gods sake get on with it!
                  Last edited by Pure Hover; 9 September 2016, 17:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pure Hover View Post
                    I think GTTC may have made the point very well earlier - with this level of procrastination what are all the new young pilots going to fly and they are being recruited in significant numbers too? The fixed wing side of the Air Corps has been significantly reduced over the years either unintentionally or deliberately which I suspect is the case.
                    If the DOD are going to replace the Cessna fleet as per the WP then for Gods sake get on with it!
                    Three Light Singles aren't going to employ many new pilots, and then where do they go??

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie252 View Post
                      Three Light Singles aren't going to employ many new pilots, and then where do they go??
                      Especially as the 750-1000 operational hour for CIT is gone

Where do go? To the understrength squadrons crewing aircraft

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        Especially as the 750-1000 operational hour for CIT is gone
                        Where do go? To the understrength squadrons crewing aircraft
                        There are 2 MPA aircraft and one Jet, not really Squadron's!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV
                          They are squadrons that have an establishment be it CASA and L45, GASU, AW139 & EC135? They all provide burial services
                          Its important to build "squadrons" around one or two aircraft. How else can you create a structure to support salaries and pensions for 14 Lt Cols, 36 Comdts, 8 SMs, 4 BQs, 36 FS and 14 FQs?

Comment

• you have to have Squadrons and Wings and all those other fun subdivisions otherwise it'd just be a bloody airline and nobody wants that?!!

Comment

• True to a point but career progression (and the associated pay) makes it slightly easier to retain people

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV
                                They are squadrons that have an establishment be it CASA and L45, GASU, AW139 & EC135? They all provide burial services
                                You've lost me here!
                                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X