Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Tactical Armoured Vehicle: Second attempt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter was sent out to all infantry units to supply drivers for an evaluation team.Must have previous overseas experience driving and a minimum of three years service i believe .I.E only guys who know there shit.Testing to take place all around ireland both on open roads,forested areas and mountainous areas.Firing practices on military lands.Tech evaluation follows this above in Curragh workshops.
    Last edited by apod; 15 September 2008, 21:50.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Nice.

Cav and Transport will be falling over themselves for 8 weeks in the quare place then....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• There's a piece in today's independent (can't find it on their site) about the LTV, 3 companies are in the trial's, Iveco with the Panther, Mowag with the Eagle IV and the RG32M, nothing else really new or important in the article.
        Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

• Originally posted by mutter nutter View Post
          There's a piece in today's independent (can't find it on their site) about the LTV, 3 companies are in the trial's, Iveco with the Panther, Mowag with the Eagle IV and the RG32M, nothing else really new or important in the article.
          Apart from the RG32M - which is probably the outsider - a very predictable shortlist. Why has it taken years to get to this stage? Then again, I suppose staff officers have to do something for their money.

Comment

• Good News. BAE Systems now produce the RG32. They all look similar.

Comment

• Now that the final contenders are down to the wire , how about predictions ....
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Contest put back indefinitely to save money?

Comment

• Mowag Eagle.

Comment

• Which one is cheapest?
                    Theirs not to make reply,
                    Theirs not to reason why,
                    Theirs but to do and die:
                    Into the valley of Death
                    Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

• Going by how the DF have bought previously, what they will probably do is, test the hell out of them all so basically about 10 more feet and they would be written off, then ask who can do the cheapest price than already quoted to the, then maybe sacrifice a few details that they asked for and finally get the cheapest one.
                      Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• Mowag Eagle IV is where my money is going
                        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

• just because there testing them dose not mean they will buy any of them
                          the government could just pull the plug.

but on the other side the army is mowag mad at the moment so id guess it will be the eagle
                          Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

• my money is on the Iveco or the eagle
                            Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• Either Iveco or Eagle have parts commonality with other DF vehicles,

for that reason i'll say RG32

Comment

• I would put my money on the eagle.Its Mowag made, so there is a good working relationship there already and also they could get a good deal on them because mowag know that sooner or later we will be buying more PIII's of them to replace the AML's and will want to keep us sweet!?

Comment

Working...
                                X