Potential Officers Course (CFR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Officers Course (CFR)

I was just wondering what is everyone's stance on the 9th potential officers course which is going to be commencing in June I think.Do you agree with commissioning from ranks?
    "Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a Crime in Progress is not a happy prospect."

Hunter S. Thompson

great idea, most professional army's do it, why shouldn't we do it?!! also successful candidates will maily be employed in staff appointments, i.e Int, Ops, Adjt etc so that frees up other officers for exercises, overseas etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirov View Post
      I was just wondering what is everyone's stance on the 9th potential officers course which is going to be commencing in June I think.Do you agree with commissioning from ranks?

No us working class people should be aware of our position in life and be thankful

that they allow us to look after them

seriously

its long overdue but the authorities with the help of both representative organistations

and a parting gesture for the duke of shite J Sreenan

made a bollox of it

best of luck to all who apply and get in there and do us all proud
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

is this for the pdf?
        what are the details of the course can anyone tell me.
        good luck to all who go for it.
        promoting from the ranks is an excellent idea. dont see why they should be limited to staff positions though, perhaps some-one can inform me why
        courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

speculation..

Originally posted by womble View Post
          is this for the pdf?
          what are the details of the course can anyone tell me.
          good luck to all who go for it.
          promoting from the ranks is an excellent idea. dont see why they should be limited to staff positions though, perhaps some-one can inform me why

Guessing...

Age? People promoted from the ranks would usually have years of experience in the ranks before becoming an officer, so maybe they would be considered less capable of doing all that running and jumping and crawling around infantry-type stuff?

Experience? Positive corollary of above: they would have experience of working at platoon, company, battalion levels, and therefore would be more competent at these staff jobs than a junior commissioned officer.

Status? Command appointments at Lt./Capt. level considered more desirable than staff appointments?

Comment

Comissioning from the ranks is a great idea.

Comment

There are many enlisted personnel who have Batchelors and Masters degrees including Engineering and IT, why is there not a competition to commission these guys from the ranks?

Most of those men and women educated themselves at their own expense in their own time.

It would mean an even shorter saluting course too!

Comment

interesting to watch how fast some die hard NCO's can get there big I'm an officer head and forget where they came from. Obviously not all but a few really do go for it.

Comment

You find its more prevailant in those who went straight from Cpl to Lt. Those who managed to participate in a standard NCO course, and operated as a Sgt(or equivalent), have a better grasp of the bigger picture.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

thats human nature and you cant diss the programme

just because a few clwons forget there roots
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I saw the criteria this morning in my Ord Room..Best of Luck to who ever applies for it...

Comment

Best of luck to anyone applying for the course, is a potential officers course run separately to the Cadets or will there be much of an overlap? Begs the question though dont we already have to many officers?

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
                          Best of luck to anyone applying for the course, is a potential officers course run separately to the Cadets or will there be much of an overlap? Begs the question though dont we already have to many officers?
                          Seperate

Comment

Will they go to college then aswell?
                            Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
                            but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
                            body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
                            WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by ELVIS
                              Seperate

Incorrect. There is quite an overlap.
                              So, can either of you provide any further details without telling secrets?
                              "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
                              Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X