No announcement yet.

Potential Officers Course (CFR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a 45 weeks course (not just a "how to salute like an officer" course) in the Military College.

JNCOs (Corporals/Sergeants) must be aged 29 to 42.
    SNCOs must be aged 29 to 48.

Must have conduct rating of "Exemplary".
    Recommended by Unit CO & GOC.
    NS personnel will be transferred to Army.

Must have completed fitness test either:
    TI 2/2000 (Revised 2002) Parts 1-3, Grade 3, or
    TI 5/2007 Parts 1-3, Grade 3

Education:
    Min 5 Grade Ds (Higher or Ordinary) in Leaving Certificate

JNCOs will be commissioned as 2/Lt and promoted to Lieutenant (max point on pay scale)the following day.

SNCOs will be commissioned as 2/Lt and promoted to acting Captain (max point on pay scale) the following day. SNCOs will have a discrete career stream, if qualified, they can be promoted to Commandant after 10 years as a Captain (on a personal to the holder basis).

Comment

Cheers DeV.
      "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
      Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Must have completed fitness test either:
        TI 2/2000 (Revised 2002) Parts 1-3, Grade 3, or
        TI 5/2007 Parts 1-3, Grade 3
        What is the difference between TI 2/2000 (revised 2002) and TI 5/2007 ?

Comment

is it the new sit ups
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

That's what I thought it might be. Does that mean that you have a choice between doing the new or the old sit ups?

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
              That's what I thought it might be. Does that mean that you have a choice between doing the new or the old sit ups?
              yes you can either do them or

RTU
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirov View Post
                I was just wondering what is everyone's stance on the 9th potential officers course which is going to be commencing in June I think.Do you agree with commissioning from ranks?
                We had a CO once that was an officer promoted from the ranks

Yes I do mean PDF Cmdt.

I believe that all officers come from the cadets then at some point the officer corp becomes so removed from the men that decisions start been made without any real insight of the mechanics of the army.
                Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Bump

This came up in another thread.

One of the best COs I had was CFR, many didn't seem to like him but I think he was great

Comment

ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

2017 course

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      Pushing the educational requirement upto Level 7 at a time in the organisation when most Cpls now have a Level 6 to their name.

Not very hard to see what's being done there.

Comment

Am I mistaken in repeating what i've been told; that the DF gives the square root of **** all support for ORs to do part time education? At the same time the Army & NS are still paying leaving cert students to go to college ffs.
                        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                          Am I mistaken in repeating what i've been told; that the DF gives the square root of **** all support for ORs to do part time education? At the same time the Army & NS are still paying leaving cert students to go to college ffs.
                          When it comes to part time education, the job comes first. They'll "try" look after you but if you're a young buck on the lines you can forget it.

The previous PO Cse only required a Leaving Cert with 5 passes at Ordinary or Higher Level... So what's changed?

This PO Cse now has a higher educational requirement than a Cadetship... And students on a PO Cse will have years of military experience under their belt, overseas service and countless military courses, including at minimum a PNCO Cse which now includes a Level 6 in Leadership, Management and Defence Studies.

There's only one reason the Level 7 is being made a requirement and it's clear as day.

Comment

What is a Level 7 when it is at home
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I've heard people say "when it is at home" before but I've never really understood the intent.... Has Dev hijacked trells account? A level 7 is up to a 3 year degree, god knows how long it would take as a night course.
                              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

I can assure you I am me and not dev.

On topic - why is an L7 being made a requirement for CFR ? Was it beforehand ? . When I did RDF PO it was not a requirement but a very strong "you should probably have one of these"
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X