Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P/O Stuart Hamilton has written on this in the DFR 2016

Comment

Thinking further it seems quite a few NS SNCO's have done the BA in Leadership & Naval Studies and combined with the AC's who have done the Avionics in Carlow RTC it should not be surprising should the majority of Ceefors come from these cohorts on this occasion . Getting the gig for these candidates wont mean getting posted out as each of these services have only one base.

Good luck to all concerned.
      Last edited by danno; 24 March 2017, 07:46.

Comment

Comment

There is a CFR Cse this year I think

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            There is a CFR Cse this year I think
            Starting next month apparently.

Comment

Yes interviews were on recently
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

10th Pot Offrs Cse

Comment

Originally posted by northie View Post
                  Few officers stay in the one place for a long time, unless they've volunteered to "man the wall" at castle black (finner) or eastwatch by the sea (aiken).
                  George Martin's inspiration revealed!

On the subject of which, can anyone point out an armed force where it isn't an "officers army/navy/airforce etc?" Even the various peoples militias always seem to develop a hierarchy where everyone is equal but some are more definitely more equal than others.
                  As I understand it, the Swedes had no NCOs at all from the early Eighties until recently.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                    Thinking further it seems quite a few NS SNCO's have done the BA in Leadership & Naval Studies and combined with the AC's who have done the Avionics in Carlow RTC it should not be surprising should the majority of Ceefors come from these cohorts on this occasion . Getting the gig for these candidates wont mean getting posted out as each of these services have only one base

Good luck to all concerned.
                    Not necessarily true. I can think of a NS NCO from a good few years ago, who on completing the Pot Offr Cse, was posted to the ARMY.
                    Topped out as a Comdt, I believe
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

@danno

See post 24, all personnel will be commissioned into “army or air corps army line”

Ludicrous situation!

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                        Not necessarily true. I can think of a NS NCO from a good few years ago, who on completing the Pot Offr Cse, was posted to the ARMY.
                        I know one who went the other way. Was a Sgt in the Army, attached to the NS,( Maint Eng Coy I think). Did Pot Officer course, Ended up promoted to Naval officer. Moved from Naval base in Cork to NHQ in Dublin.
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                          I know one who went the other way. Was a Sgt in the Army, attached to the NS,( Maint Eng Coy I think). Did Pot Officer course, Ended up promoted to Naval officer. Moved from Naval base in Cork to NHQ in Dublin.
                          will they have to change contracts ..ie pension etc to modern terms which are not as good as before for officers..

Comment

No Idea, this was the 80s/90s.
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              Played football with Cork City?
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                                Played football with Cork City?
                                no cobh ramblers..

Comment

Working...
                                X