Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Jaybus that's a big ship!
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
      Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
      Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
      Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

• well if trellheims dimensions for this ship are correct it turns out that Lieutenant Nathan Christensen of the US navy does not know alot about the size of an aircraft carrier if he thinks this ship is 3 times the size of one!its alot heavier than a carrier but more or less the same size!

Comment

• Ships size is usually measured in displacement. Its quite controversial when it comes to measuring "who has the largest cruise liner".

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• I know what you mean Goldie, but even by that theory he is still far off!An american super carrier which we can assume he is referring to as he is US navy, weighs 100,000 tons with its airwing embarked and all needed to support it.
            Last edited by pilatus; 18 November 2008, 01:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by pilatus View Post
              I know what you mean Goldie, but even by that theory he is still far off!An american super carrier which we can assume he is referring to as he is US navy, weighs 100,000 tons with its airwing embarked and all needed to support it.
              Do you know what I mean?
              The sirius Star is carrying 318000 tonnes of crude oil..therefore?

Comment

• :redface: ouhh!well i cant really argue with that!

Comment

• Quick question, if the pirates kill the crew when a foriegn warship approaches and then do a runner in their own boat, does the country who takes back the tanker claim the 318,000 tonnes of oil as salvage? Its estimated that its a quarter of a days total output from Saudi Arabia!

Comment

• readers are well advised to read Freddie Forsyth's "The Devil's Alternative" ... old but highly relevant....
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Nothing The Clíona, the Meabh and the Mucha couldnt sort out!

Comment

• Hang on, does that mean that, if the NS were deployed in support of an EU operation, they'd get salvage rights over the cargo?

I'm sure we could find a home for all that lovely crude.

Comment

• It would make up our "virtual" oil reserves nicely I'd say.
                          2m barrels at $56 per barrel...

I wonder who owns the oil at the moment?

Comment

• The ship was going to Texas, so keep yer eyes peeled for an American reaction.It really is time for some affirmative action, Special Forces-style.
                            regards
                            GttC

Comment

• The oil is probably owned by a very nervous broker sitting in Houston or London.

And as for affirmative action, the French have a recent track record in that neck of the woods. Wouldn't bet against them.

Comment

• more of this; where the hell are the US Carriers ? Surely an E2-C or an E-3 Sentry or even a Nimrod FFS based off Diego Garcia doing AEW might be useful at this point.
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X