NS RIB Tender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS RIB Tender

I see on the Government tenders website, a contract has been awarded to provide the NS with a further quantity of 7m Delta RIBs with Inboard Diesel engines, as fitted to L.E Eithne. Its Commanding Officer referred to them as "Jaguars" During the Voyage diary of Eithnes trip to south america.
    I can only assume that this fine craft will become the standard RIB in the Naval service as the earlier Ships, with their smaller seariders, are retired. Combined with the Caley Davit, it makes boarding operations a lot simpler for the crew.
    The fuel choice also makes things a lot simpler when it comes to storing fuel aboard ship.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

ah seariders..i assume you mean 5.4 metre avon semi rigid inflatables...lol..ouch....
    Last edited by hptmurphy; 11 July 2006, 16:25.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

good post,..nice pix.

Comment

Are these the same type of rigids that NS had in Easter Parade with the FN Mag mounted on the front?
        British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
        Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

No.

The boats you speak of have twin 70hp Outboards, and the Console is located in the centre of the boat, in front of the frame that attaches to the Caley.

Compare that to the Diesel inboard of the Jaguar in the photos above , and the console located to the rear, in front of the A Frame

Thanks to Joshua for the photos.

Comment

Thanks for quick response.

Would it be possible to operate these type of rigids from the eithne or Roisin class rigid loading system?
            British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
            Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

They are L.E. NIAMH's Deltas

The Delta in the photo is L.E. NIAMH's. The black tube Deltas are P52, the grey tube Deltas are P51 (both with twin 70hp petrol engines). The inboard diesels are P31's. Attached are some photos of the Deltas inserting the Recce Team into Monrovia in Oct 2003.
              Attached Files

Comment

The RIBs are interchangable between vessels equipped with the Caley. Below is Niamhs Rib being carried on L.E.Eithne

Comment

i think the diesels are for lpvs with the deltas going to the cpvs and the opvs still with the seariders with them obviously being retired over the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish

Thanks to Joshua for the photos.
                    is it me getting old, or do these sailors look "young"? .

me>
                    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Their boarding uniform looks minging.

Comment

ffs would you prefer to see them in square rig..with .303s....jesus! its practical, fitted for a days work...not a ken and barbie show.

How stupid a comment was that...can see it now...'sorry sir can't go boarding today..this kit clashes with the colour of the boat.......'

hold the head line just got it..designer kit for boarding parties complete with bling......
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Agreed I doesnt matter what it looks like once it works , is comfortable, not too heavy, as soldier proof as possible ,easy to repair, but why all the knee pads .. since black hawk down everybody got to wear them

Comment

Originally posted by BANDIT
                            Agreed I doesnt matter what it looks like once it works , is comfortable, not too heavy, as soldier proof as possible ,easy to repair, but why all the knee pads .. since black hawk down everybody got to wear them
                            Have you tried to take up a kneeling firing position on the steel deck of a ship recently?

It is more usual however for RIB crews to wear Typhoon suits, rather than overalls.

Comment

NS RIB Tender

The Irish Naval Service based in CORK, Ireland are continuing the upgrade of their standard sea-boats to diesel inboard engined RIB's. Two (2) diesels inboard engined RIB's are to be procured for 2007. In keeping with cross fleet standardisation the following specification has been developed for the Irish Navy sea-boats.Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) with inboard diesel engine and outboard single prop stern-drive.The RIB will be constructed of grey coloured GRP with a grey heavy duty inflatable buoyancy tube collar and extruded Rubbing Strakes. Hull moulding to be of resins and glass reinforcement materials to Lloyds Register approval.The RIB will fit 3.5 tonne SWL CALEY DAVIT single point launch and recovery system using a HENRIKSEN remote release HMK 5.0 hook accepting HLR 5 WLL 6.0 t lifting ring.The RIB is to hang slightly bow high suspended on the davit wire with cox'n and crew in their seats and 100% fuel onboard.The RIB will carry eight passengers and equipment, (calculation purposes 80kg/passenger) seated on straddle type seating modules complete with foot straps and under seat stowage compartments. All up weight of the boat NOT to exceed 3.5 tonne.
                              CPV: 35121000, 35121100.

Comment

Working...
                              X