• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to make the Seamen and Womens job that much less difficult
    Seapeople? Seapersons?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      It is good to see that the inspectors were given the chance to seek the opinions of the users of the craft as how to make improvements to make the Seamen and Womens job that much less difficult, when operating in the rips in all conditions.
      I didnt know they needed to know how to operate a rip in all conditions

Comment

mending the rip is just as important, who does that job, the seamen or the women????

Comment

sea woman ??????

PC brigade gone mad ,

Comment

Nope..its still Seaman , we didn't get troopettes or Privatettes with PC so why seawomen .Its a rank not a gender statement
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

What about these for RIBs?!

Nice big RIB's for offshore work, embarked on the Spanish Customs Vessel 'Petrel I'.

Comment

Given some of the boats they chase, they need them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I see Irish Lights tender Graineuaile now carries a closed in rib on deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                    I see Irish Lights tender Graineuaile now carries a closed in rib on deck.
                    passed her today and seen what looks like one of the old wooden liberty boats on her

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                      passed her today and seen what looks like one of the old wooden liberty boats on her
                      this?

Irish Naval Service Photos

Comment

I recall one of the crew telling me once that these boats were built in Scotland for the latest vessel, as they were so impressed with their sea keeping qualities on the old 'Granuaile' that they were specially ordered again for the new ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                          I recall one of the crew telling me once that these boats were built in Scotland for the latest vessel, as they were so impressed with their sea keeping qualities on the old 'Granuaile' that they were specially ordered again for the new ship.
                          excellent thinking and listening to the man on the ground( senior officers take note) it is like the one we had in the basin off the setanta as we often got ashore on it when all other launches were stopped... it was christened the african queen

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                            excellent thinking and listening to the man on the ground( senior officers take note) it is like the one we had in the basin off the setanta as we often got ashore on it when all other launches were stopped... it was christened the african queen
                            The 'African Queen' is lying derilict at the back of the island (Cobh) under a clump of trees.

Comment

Saw this today. Unfortunately I don't have a camera with a super long lens....

Looks like a Zodiac Hurricane.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

On first look I taught they had changed the helideck into a RIB platform.... but look closely ... it is on a trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X