Direct Entry - Ordnance Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Entry - Ordnance Corps

Does anyone here work in the ordnance corps? Has anyone applied for the position of ordnance officer this month?
    I applied a couple of weeks ago, and was wondering when I should expect to hear anything back.....:-patriot:

Do these direct entry positions come up often? I wish they would put them on the web site instead of just the papers

Comment

I didnt see it either - a friend noticed it in the Indo and gave me the word...The army had told me it would be on Military.ie and on monster - but guess what...it was'nt!

Comment

Apparently they are still only processing the applications - acknowledgements will be given next week - with interviews to follow...:-patriot:

Comment

sorry what are ordnance corps?

Comment

The Army is organised on conventional military lines providing a sufficiently flexible structure to carry out all the roles assigned by Government. The Army is a standing force and provides the primary capabilities for joint military operations at home and combined military Peace Support Operations abroad.

Comment

ta

Comment

Was told to expect the interviews to be held in November. Does anyone know if they are still being held - is anyone else doing it?

Comment

When was the closing date?

Comment

Sometime in June! The interviews were to be in July/August but got postponed...now with all the talk of further cuts....dont know where I stand!

Comment

The Irish Independent

13 Nov 2003

Military sets recruitment sights on graduates

THE military is to place greater emphasis on graduates in new recruitment campaigns for cadets for the Defence Forces.

A conference heard yesterday that the aim is to move away from primarily targeting the school leaver and concentrating more on graduates who would be compensated for their college education by being commissioned as lieutenants.

It is part of an overall drive to introduce an all-embracing system of integrated officer induction and training that will provide for school leavers, graduates and personnel who have come up through the enlisted ranks.

Raco, the representative association for officers in the Defence Forces, has for some time argued that the ad hoc systems used to train officers are divisive.

Its annual conference in Tralee yesterday was told by its president Lieut Col Paul Allen there were two areas where Raco would not compromise - there would be no reduction in the educational standard required and any quota system for a particular group was out of the question.

He also said that his association is pushing for real decentralisation of sections of Defence Forces headquarters and not merely minor movements to the fringes of Dublin city.

Tom Brady
                      Security Editor

Comment

Decentralisation is a whole other issue, but recruiting graduates makes all kinds of sense from an economic point of view. You avoid paying someone wages for three years minimum as an undergraduate, and possibly bed & board also, when you only have those personnell for a max of four months a year. Thats a minimum of €60k saved per graduate recruited to the DF.

Add to that the life skills that a graduate will inevitably pick up, and you get a more mature, better officer corps
                        Take these men and women for your example.
                        Like them, remember that posterity can only
                        be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                        possession of those who have the
                        courage to defend it.
                        Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                        If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Got a letter last Friday.
                          This competition has been cancelled.
                          The anticipated vacancies in the Ordnance Corps did not occur.

Comment

Its annual conference in Tralee yesterday was told by its president Lieut Col Paul Allen there were two areas where Raco would not compromise - there would be no reduction in the educational standard required and any quota system for a particular group was out of the question
                            Nice to see who calls the shots these days. Admittedly this could be seen as "conditions of service" issue but I still don't like the idea of any representative association issuing instructions to the chain of command about how they want the DF to be run.

Comment

Do you reckon this could push the stupid age limit back up? maybe to 29 or under as in the BA???
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                              X