Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kermit - I have a degree in manufacturing engineering. (also a cert and dip in mechanical) Manufacturing is basically mechanical but instead of doing a subject called Thermal and fluid, you concentrate on management ....in my opinion just as useful in the army as each other.
    The unfortunate thing (for me ) is that the Army will only consider my discipline of engineering for the Ord corps...
    I would love to do a cadetship so I could work anywhere in the army but I am a year too old!! The IDF have a cap of under 25 where other armies have it at 30.....

Any suggestions?
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir"
    without adding, "You're making a scene."

Post Thanks / Like
    Become Taoiseach and reset the age limit.

Seriously thogh, I know how you feel, I`m 27 and originally missed out on Air Corps cadet by 7 days. pain in the arse.

I`m trying to get into it still now that I hear CIS sometimes take in direct entry, but I mean they dont advertise these positions publicly, (at least not to my knowledge) so how can they take in direct entry people????

I`ve a National certificate, a National diploma AND Bachelors degree in computer Science and 3 years experience. and I doubt I would get in either.

If only i could go back in time, i would have gone leaving cert ----> Air corps.:confused:

Post Thanks / Like
    They advertised the CIS and ord corps DE positions way back in the April or there abouts.It was in the Indo - hard to spot unless you buy it every day. I was told they would advertise online but they didnt...
    Regarding going back in time...good idea!

Happy Christmas
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir"
    without adding, "You're making a scene."

Post Thanks / Like
    Cadetships into Ordnance Corps now being offered

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only 15 years after the thread was started. Zombie thread apocalypse!!

6. Likes na grohmití, DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found it when looking for something

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    Become Taoiseach and reset the age limit.

Seriously thogh, I know how you feel, I`m 27 and originally missed out on Air Corps cadet by 7 days. pain in the arse.

I`m trying to get into it still now that I hear CIS sometimes take in direct entry, but I mean they dont advertise these positions publicly, (at least not to my knowledge) so how can they take in direct entry people????

I`ve a National certificate, a National diploma AND Bachelors degree in computer Science and 3 years experience. and I doubt I would get in either.

If only i could go back in time, i would have gone leaving cert ----> Air corps.:confused:

2003 - ahh to be 27 again .... now If only I could go back in time NOW, I would slap myself on the head for buying a house 3 years later at the crest of the celtic tiger wave, with someone who would go on to not stay with me and I wouldnt now be trying to pay an insane mortgage each month
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

9. Likes Truck Driver, sofa liked this post

Thread Information