X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see George leave too.

Comment

Yeah George seemed to be one of those guys who was around forever.

Tow from the above intake, Connie and Ger Pentony were in my recruit intake

Bets of luck to them all in what ever paths they now chose.
      Last edited by hptmurphy; 18 August 2008, 22:04.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Surprised to see Writers go. You would nearly have to drag them out kicking and screaming from their cushy, non sea going jobs.

Comment

Is a writer like a clerk?

Comment

whats a clerk?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              Is a writer like a clerk?
              Yes , normally not a sea going post.(apart from foreign trips) they would run over you trying to get up the gangway.
              At sea in my time SBA(medic) would help Cox`n do that type of work.
              Eithne was first ship if i am correct to have writer on board,don`t know if they were happy with that .
              What do you mean abandon ship
              Are they taking requests?

Comment

And a PO/Writer at that
                Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

All gone now. Went from PO to LS and then discontinued by the time I was out there last in 2001.

Comment

Was Brian Lawton not a seaman at one point?
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                      Was Brian Lawton not a seaman at one point?
                      yes im sure he was

Comment

Retirement /eees

How are Retirees selected for recognition along with grub & sup into the pot.

What happened to THE others?

John Farrelly (radio) and Mattie Ford to name just two.

Comment

I hear Paddy Donovan has retired from the Naval Sevice tech stores. 48 years done. And always a very plesent and helpful chap! Best wishes Paddy on your retirement.

Any spare bulbs or batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                            I hear Paddy Donovan has retired from the Naval Sevice tech stores. 48 years done. And always a very plesent and helpful chap! Best wishes Paddy on your retirement.

Any spare bulbs or batteries?
                            Capt. Paul Keaney retired after almost 30 years on the 18th Sept. With the embargo in place both the Operations Command and Support Command are being led by Commanders.

Comment

Is the Flag also due to retire shortly? Will they let a commander hold tha flag Job? Where else would you see a Lt Col holding a Generals appointment??

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                Is the Flag also due to retire shortly? Will they let a commander hold tha flag Job? Where else would you see a Lt Col holding a Generals appointment??
                                What will happen will be the senior officer will become Commanding Officer Naval Service CONS as was the case with the last Flag Officer, a position he held for a number of months before being promoted to Commodore. This was the title held by the senior Naval Officer before 1979 and was sometimes referred to as the Director of the Naval Service

Comment

Working...
                                X