Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where to get a montane in Dublin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"especially if you need it because you're going somewhere cold, like Kabul."

....surely a misprint. i'm sure you meant Kilbride (some say the coldest place on earth)
    Last edited by X-RayOne; 2 May 2008, 00:46.
    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Eh problem solved. Found the very last green one in size small. It's a bit big (surprise surprise) but as ever, I've no forward planning ability so left myself no time to obtain one. I'd seen female versions of stuff but generally I had pink, purple or red to chose from and tbh, although I consider myself... unique and individual... i'm not that individual :P Went for one in the mens style and I found it is a slimmer fit than the buffalo.. Not as snug as i'd like but the fact that it has a hood means that lots of heat won't be escaping out the collar... Was able to tweak it a good bit so that although it's still roomy on the inside there isn't much escape space... it's also comfy and warm.. so much so it sends me asleep :D

Edit: the only little thing that's bothering me is the velcro cuff things.. The tab bit is on the opposite side to that on the smock so i'm finding myself faffing and wondering why my fingers have suddenly become so retarded!
      Last edited by johnny no stars; 1 October 2007, 22:04.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
      Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
      Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
      Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

The tab bit is on the opposite side to that on the smock so i'm finding myself faffing and wondering why my fingers have suddenly become so retarded
        because you are a woman!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Nah, even if I was male I'd still be clumsy and lacking in any dexterous ability! (does that make sense? I'm too tired tow ork out if it does)
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
          Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
          Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
          Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Originally posted by johnny no stars View Post
            Nah, even if I was male I'd still be clumsy and lacking in any dexterous ability! (does that make sense? I'm too tired tow ork out if it does)
            go straight to the sleep thread
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Hi all, looking to buy a decent fleece, what would you recommend between Buffalo, Snugpak and Montane? It's more for static/low intensity work as I have a lightweight fleece for use if I'm cold when moving around.
              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

I got a great one 4 years ago from that place in Midleton
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Which one, Montane?

Comment

snugpak for more static work.

the others work best on the principle that you are moving, thus generating heat that gets trapped in the garment and keeps you warm even though its cold outside the garment. warm air trappped in the garment fibres.

they dont have as highly insulated material as the snugpak for standing around in. its much better for static work.

saying that, if properly matched to the type of activity you are doing they are all extremely good and warm also.
                    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Thanks for that, that's what I was thinking but it's good to get confirmation.

Comment

So Snugpak Pile Shirt the best option? Anywhere in Dublin/Limerick/Cork where they can be bought?
                        "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Don't know about the pile shirt but the Sleeka is selling in Radar Stores in Limerick for €130 and in Protac in the Curragh for, I think, €100. It's worth checking eBay thought, I got a second-hand one for €30

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
                            Don't know about the pile shirt but the Sleeka is selling in Radar Stores in Limerick for €130 and in Protac in the Curragh for, I think, €100. It's worth checking eBay thought, I got a second-hand one for €30
                            What's your verdict on the Sleeka?
                            "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Warm and not too bulky - squeezes down very well when put away. Haven't really had to put it through its paces yet but I'm sure there's someone here who has.

Comment

Buffalo till I die.

I just hope my death isn't related to the cold

Comment

Working...
                                X